Samsung 4k TV fire restoration

So my family got a brand new Samsung Q90R 65" 4k tv. awesome tv right? It was awesome until my mother lit a candle underneath it and left a huge burn mark up the bottom of the screen. Whatever, insurance took care of it, but now I have a partially working tv that id like to repair to a usable state.

IMG_3208-preview.thumb.JPG.b87a4389de44b15ed9ebfa1539c00a86.JPG

So I started by peeling the front layers off the tv.  I removed the anti-glare filter and the polarizer as they were the most damages parts of the screen. Keep in mind  the area of the screen not burnt functions flawlessly still.

Now that the polarizer is gone I just have a white screen. 

IMG_3333.thumb.PNG.379203833c15b1c013dde36a8c7ce04f.PNGIMG_3334.thumb.PNG.082c0c57ef446b8e9b2bd49963892635.PNG

here is where I'm stuck. I have some of the scrap polarizers fitted into a pair of glasses, functioning as a privacy screen. I need help finding the correct adhesive backed polarizer film to install on the screen. here is what I need to know...

Is the polarizer linear or circular?

What is the degree of polarization?

Do I need to replace the anti-glare filter?

If anyone could point me in the right direction where I could purchase a new filter or any knowledge of polarizers at all would be a great help! Thank you and keep DIYing!

I can't help but damn dude, your mother effed up big time. Real lucky it was insured.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

It would probably be easier to find a replacement panel.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 hours ago, SolarNova said:

It would probably be easier to find a replacement panel.

I’m doing this as cheap as possible, broke college student here!

19 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Was there not a warranty on the TV? Dunno if it'd cover fire damage not caused by the TV itself, but it wouldn't have hurt to look into before stripping the TV down.

Yeah there was but I'm not going to have Samsung cover accidental damage

4 minutes ago, Jackriegerattack said:

Yeah there was but I'm not going to have Samsung cover accidental damage

Why not? Ya got a warranty, might as well use it. You seemingly fucked yourself because you didn’t want to get it covered and thought you could DIY it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.