Possible Memory Leak

I have only had 2 events like this. What happens is it will completely lock up. Not stop responding and the monitor updates. The entire computer just goes to a halt. Along with this disk is active non stop while doing this. (U can tell by the disk read write red light) I have lots of erros right before the event. I had to hard reboot my PC by holding down the power button.

Annotation 2019-12-05 170322.png

Annotation 2019-12-05 201826.png

BRUH.png

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Ultra 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Gigbyte B450 Aorus Pro EVGA Supernova 650 G3 Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 

Is your memory going to 100%?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Is your memory going to 100%?

Not that I’ve noticed. It has happened once before and hadn’t happened for a few weeks so I thought it was an anomaly. Today, it did it again. From what I’ve seen it’s at 25-50% I have 16 GB of RAM

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Ultra 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Gigbyte B450 Aorus Pro EVGA Supernova 650 G3 Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 

8 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Not that I’ve noticed. It has happened once before and hadn’t happened for a few weeks so I thought it was an anomaly. Today, it did it again. From what I’ve seen it’s at 25-50% I have 16 GB of RAM

Ok then what makes you think you have a memory leak...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Well people have told me they think it was a memory leak so I just assumed that. Now I don’t think that’s the case.

You paired a R5 2600 with a Nvidea 1660 and your mobo and cpu are angry about how many leather jackets you bought Jensen Huang, very common issue, find 5 candles, create a pentagram and burn a piece of paper with his image in the middle and you issues should go away. 

23 minutes ago, Enderman said:

13 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

You paired a R5 2600 with a Nvidea 1660 and your mobo and cpu are angry about how many leather jackets you bought Jensen Huang, very common issue, find 5 candles, create a pentagram and burn a piece of paper with his image in the middle and you issues should go away. 

Bruh

Take a screenshot of task manager sorted by RAM usage. But that sounds more like faulty DRAM, any BSODs ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

44 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Well people have told me they think it was a memory leak so I just assumed that. Now I don’t think that’s the case.

Well you might want to look up what a memory leak is then :P

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Juular said:

Take a screenshot of task manager sorted by RAM usage. But that sounds more like faulty DRAM, any BSODs ?

I have never had any BSODS on this computer. Do you really think it could be faulty DRAM? It has only happened twice in its entire lifetime. It has recently started doing it too. I built it in August and it first occurred on  November 22nd and this being the second time December fifth. 

19 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

I have never had any BSODS on this computer. Do you really think it could be faulty DRAM? It has only happened twice in its entire lifetime. It has recently started doing it too. I built it in August and it first occurred on  November 22nd and this being the second time December fifth. 

Run MemTest86 to know for sure. It could be also a problem with memory controller (but MemTest should catch that too) or some interminnent power delivery issue with motherboard\PSU. Or maybe unstable UEFI revision, did you update it recently ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

go to the cmd and run dcomcnfg > component services > computers >my computer > dcom config > click view > detail > find app id {15c20b67-12e7-4bb6-92bb-7aff079977402} > right click properties > security what do you see?

19 hours ago, Juular said:

Run MemTest86 to know for sure. It could be also a problem with memory controller (but MemTest should catch that too) or some interminnent power delivery issue with motherboard\PSU. Or maybe unstable UEFI revision, did you update it recently ?

I looked in Event Viewer and found this error which II think is related to the crash. 

err_519 ncuAddr = Ovch, offset = Oxed Word_read fail

19 hours ago, cole0622 said:

go to the cmd and run dcomcnfg > component services > computers >my computer > dcom config > click view > detail > find app id {15c20b67-12e7-4bb6-92bb-7aff079977402} > right click properties > security what do you see?

I got to DCM config and it had a message box that said something along the lines of something is not recorded do you want to record something? I clicked no for all of them there were 2 of them sorry if I can't be more descriptive.

4 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

I got to DCM config and it had a message box that said something along the lines of something is not recorded do you want to record something?

that dosen't sound right, what does it want to record?

Just now, cole0622 said:

that dosen't sound right, what does it want to record?

Since I said no I was able to get the message again. Here it is. image.png.86b9cb2a28b7fce3fb5507f1185bff02.png

14 hours ago, cole0622 said:

click yes rundll32 is a native Microsoft executable

Sorry I haven’t replied I have been busy. Could this have been caused by a windows update? It crashed shortly after windows updated the first time. Is this a bug with my hardware? Could it be fixed by a BIOS update?

This could be due to update as I think I did read it somewhere might try checking for more recent updates if there are none then I would precede to uninstall any update that installed shortly before the crash if none of these venues work then do give bios a shot

On 12/7/2019 at 12:28 PM, cole0622 said:

This could be due to update as I think I did read it somewhere might try checking for more recent updates if there are none then I would precede to uninstall any update that installed shortly before the crash if none of these venues work then do give bios a shot

I just took it into the repair shop it was an outadated BIOS.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:51 AM, Enderman said:

It's possible to have a memory leak even when system only uses ~15% 

It's called standby memory and is related to one of the millions of Windows 10 bugs. 

Had it too since forever,  fixed with ISLC from wagnardsoft... Games run much smoother, computer feels a lot snappier. 

I mean I'm not sure about the technicalities but I'd call that memory leak! ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

40 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

It's possible to have a memory leak even when system only uses ~15% 

It's called standby memory and is related to one of the millions of Windows 10 bugs. 

Had it too since forever,  fixed with ISLC from wagnardsoft... Games run much smoother, computer feels a lot snappier. 

I mean I'm not sure about the technicalities but I'd call that memory leak! ?

I dont think you know what your talking about. ISLC just terminates or suspends programs and has nothing to do with memory leaking. honestly seems kinda sketchy if you ask me

51 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

I just took it into the repair shop it was an outadated BIOS.

sounds like its working well. awesome glad you got it resolved.

1 minute ago, cole0622 said:

terminates or suspends programs

Lol and idk what I'm talking about >.>

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder