gtx 1050 ti overclocking

monk_
Go to solution Solved by KingTdiGGiTTy,

If it's stable it's totally fine. 72 is a fine max temp. 

Hey guys, help me with some, i'm playing rdr2 and is a bad otimized game, my GPU without overclock goes around 28-34fps, with overclock 30-39, my core clock is 160 and memory clock 950, temp max 72 - my question is: is good to play with the OC or is dangerous? clearly with the oc i can play the game in 30+fps(witch i think is good) can this memory clock or this core clock damage my GPU? thanks guys

Sounds about right so far as performance bump, i had a AIB 1050ti and got about 10-15% improvement ran it that way for nearly a year no issues.  If you are using MSI Afterburner the settings that could kill your card (too much voltage, not to be mistaken with "More Power/Power Limit", which is always fine to crank up) are locked down to safe maximums allowed by the vbios, you can't access settings that will kill the card, the only potential issue is stability.  Only thing you could potentially worry about is if temps are too high due to crappy computer case etc, 85C+ on GPU, 100C+ on memory.

So long as its stable you have nothing to worry about

I'm running a gtx 1050ti 4gb oc version. in msi core voltage set 0, power limit set to 102, core clock set to + 152, memory +155, and im getting 1911-1925 mhz clock stock cooler working fine

My question is @Otto_iii can my core clock and memory clock damage my GPU? She have 2 years and i want It to last more 3 without problems

10 hours ago, monk_ said:

My question is @Otto_iii can my core clock and memory clock damage my GPU? She have 2 years and i want It to last more 3 without problems

It's not really possible for high clocks by themselves to cause damage or shorten lifespan. Its the temp, in your case fine, and the voltage that can cause immediate or slow inset damage. Since your not doing anything extreme and your temp is low enough that I assume that your voltage isn't impossible high.