Lenovo X390 or MacBook Pro w/ Parallels for IT/Business

Hi all, just looking for some advice and experience on this.

I'm heading to University next year to study Business and IT, and will need a new device for it.

I'm a Windows man, so I'd only considered those devices. Through my current job I can get a Lenovo X390 13,3", i5, 16gb Ram, 512gb SSD with 4 yr warranty, 3 yr ADP. I can get this for $600-800 AUD cheaper than same config on Lenovo website. This laptop would be well suited for what I need.

However one of my colleagues mentioned that if they were buying a laptop, they would get a MacBook and just run Parallels on it, the Virtual Machine software.

I can see a number of benefits with this: 

• (Arguably) better build quality of a MacBook,
  • The versatility of having access to both MacOS and Windows at the same time, which for IT; programming, developing, testing; could be very useful.
  • Me personally learning MacOS
  • Better resale value at End of Life (unsure on the difference)

The only barrier to this is of course the price of MacBooks. A similar spec MacBook Pro to the Lenovo could cost me $600+ more, and I'm unsure if the benefits justify that amount.

Hopefully some people in a similar situation or setup could provide their opinion, or any other alternative ideas people have.

I would go for X390

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128