Need help with FPS/New comp I didn't know much about comps when I bought it.

mraldorains

I saved up for 5 months finally had about 1200 to spend on a new computer. I used an online custom build PC store. I pretty sure i got screwed on the price but the reason I am messaging you is to get some insight on what i can upgrade with the motherboard(crap one at that)CPU combo that I have. I really wish I had started watching your channel before I wasted the 1200 dollars. Below are the way sub par specs on the 1200 dollar machine I purchased. Its bad lol. For what I got I'm pretty sure its should have been closer to 700 than 1200. I don't play any huge games but I like to stream for my friends and family the days I get to get on and play. The new comp doesn't allow me to stream (at good quality)Apex and Pubg while playing it. I'm just looking to beef up the FPS what I have because it will be awhile before I can save up for a new rig. I work as a dispatcher for the Sheriff Office during the week and the few days I get off I like to unwind playing and streaming. I'm still learning more and more about computers and everything that goes into them. Thanks in advance.

2x8g ddr4 ram 2666

Power Supply SEASONIC S12III 500W BRONZE

HDD/SSD Western Digital Blue 1TB - 7200RPM 3.5" HDD

Motherboard ASROCK B450 STEEL LEGEND

Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6GB

Processor AMD RYZEN 5 3400G 4C/8T 4.2GHz

oof you got scammed hard, rip. everything there is just really low performance, for 1200$ what's your budget ad region.

24 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

oof you got scammed hard, rip. everything there is just really low performance, for 1200$ what's your budget ad region.

yeah the more ive been learning about computers the more pissed ive gotten on what i bought. At this point I dont know if even upgrading my gpu will help with the low fps i get in games

ive got about 600 right now. I live in the US. wondering if its just better to save up more and build a new comp to suit what i use it for and just keep the POS i have now for a back up or media player for the living room

If you can't return anything, I'd see how much you can get for the processor and GPU selling second hand, and upgrade those first. With that money plus the $600, you could probably upgrade to a 2070 super or 5700XT, and a 3600 or 3700X.

1 hour ago, mraldorains said:

yeah the more ive been learning about computers the more pissed ive gotten on what i bought. At this point I dont know if even upgrading my gpu will help with the low fps i get in games

return it if you can.

2 hours ago, mraldorains said:

ive got about 600 right now. I live in the US. wondering if its just better to save up more and build a new comp to suit what i use it for and just keep the POS i have now for a back up or media player for the living room

the current one you have is good enough that you can just make some upgrades, but try to return it if possible.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the current one you have is good enough that you can just make some upgrades, but try to return it if possible.

I can't return it at this time but I am going to look into a CPU and GPU upgrade