windows 10 updater problems

florianerb

Hello, my computer is stuck updating:

2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4523205) - Error 0xca00a000

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4486153) - Error 0x8000ffff

under system and about it says i am on 1809

i have so far tried turning the serves on and off again also setting it to automatic. Also every time the computer restarts it installs an update but still no change. Have also turned off all non windows serves on startup. Tried installing the update offline with a direct download and this give me a error of "the update is not applicable to your computer". Tried to install net framework 4.8, 1809, 1903 and 1909 all giving the same message. Have also deleted all the files in SoftwareDistribution with still no change. 

any advice welcome.

thanks

F

win ver.png

win update.png

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from the link below and do an in-place upgrade. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Step by Step in-place upgrade:

1. Install the Media Creation Tool.

2. Run it.

3. Choose Upgrade this PC now.

4. Wait for it to check/download updates.

5. On the Ready to Install page make sure Install Windows 10 and Keep files and apps are check marked.

6. Click the Install button.

Wait for it to do the upgrade and then check for updates in settings, this will also update you to the most current stable version of Windows 10 which is 1903.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from the link below and do an in-place upgrade. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

i have now tried both the media creation tool as well as the update now installer both do the same thing

they download the update try installing it then say "undoing changes made to your computer"