best 4k tv under 1000 euros

hollyh88
Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,
3 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

well as i stated my budget is about 1000 euros xD 

Your probably looking at a 55" Q80r or Q70r then. Depending on local prices.

So as the title says im looking for a new tv. my old tv is some philips 1080p tv. With ambilight. its good but.... its not GOOD. 

So i wanted to take the next logical step up which would be a 4k. 
Im going to be using it(netflix, disney+, normal tv channels etc)  for tv and gaming so i would like it to be "60hz" and up. 
I'm looking for one below 1000 bucks. 

Preferably from samsung lg or philips. 
And i would like it to be new as in this year or last year so it basically has all the good stuff you would want in a tv. ofc picture quality is also something good but i do also like the best sound. I do however won't mind getting a soundbar for it. So that is fine. 

so if anyone has any suggestion please list them below. and or if you have it yourself i would appriciate a summary of it :).

thanks! 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

6 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

So as the title says im looking for a new tv. my old tv is some philips 1080p tv. With ambilight. its good but.... its not GOOD. 

So i wanted to take the next logical step up which would be a 4k. 
Im going to be using it for tv and gaming so i would like it to be "60hz" and up. 
I'm looking for one below 1000 bucks. 

Preferably from samsung lg or philips. 
And i would like it to be new as in this year or last year so it basically has all the good stuff you would want in a tv. ofc picture quality is also something good but i do also like the best sound. I do however won't mind getting a soundbar for it. So that is fine. 

so if anyone has any suggestion please list them below. and or if you have it yourself i would appriciate a summary of it :).

thanks! 

At that price point ur looking at an LCD for sure.

For gaming Samsung do some of the best and u dont even need to use up ur entire budget.

These are good options. Shows TVs with good pixel response and input latency under 20ms, with good uniformity.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/17309

Anything under 55" will loose some features , like 120hz support for 1080 and 1440p if the larger sizes have that to begin with.

The TV industry has decided anything below 55" isnt 'premium' unfortunately.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

At that price point ur looking at an LCD for sure.

For gaming Samsung do some of the best and u dont even need to use up ur entire budget.

These are good options. Shows TVs with good pixel response and input latency under 20ms, with good uniformity.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/17309

Anything under 55" will loose some features , like 120hz support for 1080 and 1440p if the larger sizes have that to begin with.

The TV industry has decided anything below 55" isnt 'premium' unfortunately.

which do you recommend?

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

23 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

which do you recommend?

The options are pritty much all from Samsung, so which one i'd recommend will change depending on other factors, such as Budget, size requirement, whether u want really good HDR, or just basic HDR, how much contrast matters, if viewing angles matter at all. etc etc.

The more of these yo answer the narrower the list gets and eventually ull be left with 1 or 2 options , which will be the same ones i recommend becouse ill be looking at the same list.

Atm i'd say the Q90R if u want a 65"

if u want a 55" then the Q80R.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 12/5/2019 at 9:59 PM, SolarNova said:

The options are pritty much all from Samsung, so which one i'd recommend will change depending on other factors, such as Budget, size requirement, whether u want really good HDR, or just basic HDR, how much contrast matters, if viewing angles matter at all. etc etc.

The more of these yo answer the narrower the list gets and eventually ull be left with 1 or 2 options , which will be the same ones i recommend becouse ill be looking at the same list.

Atm i'd say the Q90R if u want a 65"

if u want a 55" then the Q80R.

PC: 

if your looking at samsung and under a 1000 euros try the nu7100 or ru7100 (not sure which one is over there) you should be able to find a 65" for under 1000

3 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

On 12/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, SolarNova said:

yeah thanks for the responds i looked at the list and i think ill go with the q70. the q80 is about 1600 euros and is never in a sale. the q70 is about 1400 but has been in sale a few times all the way down to 900 ish. And currently an action going on where you can buy a q70 for 1450 euros and you get an xbox one s + a game for free. i might actually go for that. as much as i am rather a playstation fan due to the better controller design. anything for free is never something you could pass up. but i might see whether ill wait till its on sale again. I  decided on the q70 55 inch due to it having 120 hz thus for gaming its ideal. and it also has better reflection controle (even though its in my bed room it will still be good to have) and better brightness thus hdr10+. sadly not dolby but thats fine. cant have everything i guess :P

PC: 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:58 PM, MarmaladeSki_s said:

Samsung's 65" Curved 4k is cheap. My dad got one for $1100 from BestBuy.

dont have a best buy in the netherlands and i wouldnt have a curved tv monitor is fine but tv is not good to have it curved :P

PC: 

51 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

yeah thanks for the responds i looked at the list and i think ill go with the q70. the q80 is about 1600 euros and is never in a sale. the q70 is about 1400 but has been in sale a few times all the way down to 900 ish. And currently an action going on where you can buy a q70 for 1450 euros and you get an xbox one s + a game for free. i might actually go for that. as much as i am rather a playstation fan due to the better controller design. anything for free is never something you could pass up. but i might see whether ill wait till its on sale again. I  decided on the q70 55 inch due to it having 120 hz thus for gaming its ideal. and it also has better reflection controle (even though its in my bed room it will still be good to have) and better brightness thus hdr10+. sadly not dolby but thats fine. cant have everything i guess :P

o.0 wow rather expensive local prices.  Maybe u should consider an OLED for that price ? Like LG B or C 9 ?]

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

o.0 wow rather expensive local prices.  Maybe u should consider an OLED for that price ? Like LG B or C 9 ?]

its about the same price of a good oled 1499. the PHILIPS 55OLED903/12 So yeah that with added burnin risk i rather not pull the pin on that grenade :P 

i can get a cheap 4k tv for 400 bucks but.. i rather want a good one. and i do not need ambilight from philips due to my tv not being against a wall. or need sony due to well sony's support in the netherlands isnt the best. And i like samsung and their costumer support. but prices are always high due to import costs for europe. i wish most companies would start to produce it here. it would really make the prices better but eh cant have everything. 

PC: