MS Edge Windows 10 1903

Hi,

We've just deployed 40 new machines. Edge on all these machines is broken, opening it results in a white window with the title bar and nothing else. The app itself doesn't work. We've tried reinstalling the app several times with no luck, the problem is identical on all machines. We'd like a way to solve the issue without having to reinstall 40 machines. Anyone got any ideas?

I ilke trains.

@MCManiac52

I skimmed through the Microsoft forums and found a few things. 

One fix that seems to be the most effective is to re-run the 1903 update utility, try this and see if it works.

Here is a link to a conversation that appears similar to what you may be experiencing...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/edge-has-stopped-working-after-the-1903-update/f41ab669-213c-476d-9cae-6f9014150ccd?page=2 

I hope this helps you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

44 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

We've tried reinstalling the app several times with no luck, the problem is identical on all machines.

If reinstalling doesn't work, on a few PCs, try to see if turning off hardware acceleration works ;

in inetcpl.cpl > in the Advanced tab > under "Accelerated Graphics" > check the option "use software rendering..." > apply and restart Edge.

If that fixes it, then you could deploy the solution through GPO.

If that doesn't fix it, empty the content of the following folder ;

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Then open Powershell as an admin and run the following command ;

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Also, as @SansVarnic suggest, running the Windows update utility could fix it https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

33 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

@MCManiac52

I skimmed through the Microsoft forums and found a few things. 

One fix that seems to be the most effective is to re-run the 1903 update utility, try this and see if it works.

Here is a link to a conversation that appears similar to what you may be experiencing...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/edge-has-stopped-working-after-the-1903-update/f41ab669-213c-476d-9cae-6f9014150ccd?page=2 

I hope this helps you.

26 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

If reinstalling doesn't work, on a few PCs, try to see if turning off hardware acceleration works ;

in inetcpl.cpl > in the Advanced tab > under "Accelerated Graphics" > check the option "use software rendering..." > apply and restart Edge.

If that fixes it, then you could deploy the solution through GPO.

If that doesn't fix it, empty the content of the following folder ;

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Then open Powershell as an admin and run the following command ;

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Also, as @SansVarnic suggest, running the Windows update utility could fix it https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

Thanks both,

Just tried and unfortunately neither of those solved the issue. I'll try the update and see how that goes.

Thanks,

Corban

I ilke trains.