XFX RX5700 fans not spinning

PaulU

So today my GPU randomly decided it didn't need fan spin. In Wattman the minimum amount is 11% fan speed. They are just not spinning. When I launch a game they start ramping up, but it hits too high temps too early. so the game crashes. Why would that happen? It's idleing at about 72C right now

3 minutes ago, PaulU said:

So today my GPU randomly decided it didn't need fan spin. In Wattman the minimum amount is 11% fan speed. They are just not spinning. When I launch a game they start ramping up, but it hits too high temps too early. so the game crashes. Why would that happen? It's idleing at about 72C right now

Hello,

Is it by default or manually set ?

Also XFX 5700 is known to be a hot card.

5 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

Is it by default or manually set ?

Also XFX 5700 is known to be a hot card.

it's somewhat manual. The lowest is still how it was from the beginning. I just ramped up the speed at higher temps. But it should never be at 0%. it#s overclocked but that wouldn't affect the fan speed in this way.

It ran perfectly the last few weeks.

PSU is 600 Watts. With an R7 2700 at 3.9ghz at 1.3V

7 minutes ago, PaulU said:

it's somewhat manual. The lowest is still how it was from the beginning. I just ramped up the speed at higher temps. But it should never be at 0%. it#s overclocked but that wouldn't affect the fan speed in this way.

It ran perfectly the last few weeks.

PSU is 600 Watts. With an R7 2700 at 3.9ghz at 1.3V

Try to set everything back to default, also you maybe have a 0 RPM mode when the temps is under 55°C or higher.

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Try to set everything back to default, also you maybe have a 0 RPM mode when the temps is under 55°C or higher.

OK i did a little bit of thinking. I remembered that I downloaded a profile of an RX5700XT so I can get higher clock speeds. I guess it wasn't compatible with my card. I updated the Radeon drivers and it went back to it's original profile. I was running at 2100Mhz before. Now the max is 2000. It was handling the 2100 fine, but i guess the fans had some problems.

Thanks for your help! ;)

3 minutes ago, PaulU said:

OK i did a little bit of thinking. I remembered that I downloaded a profile of an RX5700XT so I can get higher clock speeds. I guess it wasn't compatible with my card. I updated the Radeon drivers and it went back to it's original profile. I was running at 2100Mhz before. Now the max is 2000. It was handling the 2100 fine, but i guess the fans had some problems.

Thanks for your help! ;)

Ah yes BIOS flash can make things go weird indeed. Glad it's back on!