Long boot time

danymanuel

Hi Guys,

I recently built a PC with the following spec and installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on SSD1:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 16GBx2 3200Mhz C16
  • MoBo: ASUS ROG X570 STRIX-E
  • Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon RX5700 XT
  • SSD1: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
  • SSD2: Crucial MX500 1TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM750

Honestly, I was expecting a boot period of 4 to 5 seconds. but currently, it is almost 30 seconds. I updated most of the drivers, updated BIOS, changed POST delay in BIOS to 0 seconds; still no change. I am attaching the boot video with this post. 

Kindly provide your valuable comments. Thanks in advance.

Honestly the boot times you have are quite good. Windows itself might take 5 seconds to load but between POSTing and and showing the boot screen a lot of time goes by. That's probably why its "slow".

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What is the BIOS boot time?

Task Manager > Start-up:

image.png.3f9338114f5037cf60a1e6b8519acde3.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, danymanuel said:

Hello,

As said above I don't really see anything wrong, my computer takes around the same time to boot with similar specs.

11 minutes ago, minibois said:

What is the BIOS boot time?

Task Manager > Start-up:

image.png.3f9338114f5037cf60a1e6b8519acde3.png

Hi minibois,

Its around 17 seconds, the last time i checked. I'm not with this PC now, so the old time. Thank You

7 minutes ago, danymanuel said:

Hi minibois,

Its around 17 seconds, the last time i checked. I'm not with this PC now, so the old time. Thank You

You could check for any quick/fast boot options in the BIOS and enable those. Usually that will make it more difficult to go into the BIOS/UEFI, but there are still ways to do that.

Depending on your startup programs (in that Task Manager tab too), 30 seconds - 17 BIOS seconds is not that weird of a startup time.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 minutes ago, minibois said:

You could check for any quick/fast boot options in the BIOS and enable those. Usually that will make it more difficult to go into the BIOS/UEFI, but there are still ways to do that.

Depending on your startup programs (in that Task Manager tab too), 30 seconds - 17 BIOS seconds is not that weird of a startup time.

Hi minibois,

Fast boot is enabled.

Thank You