Computer powers on, but we get no image on the screen.

Hello, this pc has a huge story but I will try to condense it. If you feel like there is missing information please be sure to ask and I'll respond or add it here if possible.

This is for a pc that is old (uses ddr2) and my mom uses it to watch movies on the TV in the living room. 

One day she used it, powered it off, and then the next day she wanted to watch a movie with my brother so she tried to power on and nothing happened.

The pc from that day wasnt powering on. Some time passed and we ended up among other things, re-applying thermal paste, and re-seating the cpu. When we did that the pc powered on again.

But that's when the current problem occured. No image on the screen. We had a second gpu in hand, different hdmi and vga cables, different screens. We tried all of those. Nothing. Still no image. We figured something is broken. 

We get a cpu and mb used from a dude that said they havent been used in a while but tested them recently and they worked fine. 

We put those on. Still same issue. We then figure out we got another psu and another stick of ram that back in the day we just removed and upgraded [aka should still work].

We get all of those and make all sorts of different system combinations, with old and new parts and everything. We even confirmed the "new" psu worked on my brothers pc which he made like a couple years ago. 

We know the cables work and the TVs / screens work fine. 

But we still get no image. We tried using the mb, cpu and ram to just power up the pc and see if we can get anything to happen. Still nothing. 

Sometimes the pc would power up, then restart on its own and then stay on for a bit. Sometimes the pc wouldnt respond to my power off button so id have to unplug it. That seemed to happen when we didnt have all of the components in.

When we added any gpu I think that problem seemed to have stopped. Also we stopped getting that restart.

So lastly we had 2 random builds we made out of all those components, and both give us the same result. No image. 

I don't really understand what could be wrong, and I don't really have any more ideas for things to try so I figured I'd post here. 

Let me know! Sorry if this was confusing. I hope I included enough things.

Edit: I think I also tried to boot without battery and re-seated battery in both mb at some point too. forgot to mention that. Also we dont hear any beeps when the pc turns on but im not confident that the speaker cable works so idk if that means anything. 

16 minutes ago, Sanguinary said:

May I ask for the specs of this computer?

ok here goes

old pc:

cpu: intel core 2 duo 6400

mb: g31m3 ms-7528

ram: cm2x2048 corsair 6400c5dhx

gpu: n630gt-md2gd3

psu: chieftec gps-400aa-101a

new items that were bought or found in our house that we used to test different combinations:

cpu: Pentium 4 631

mb: asus p5n mx 

gpu: radeon hd8570

ram: supertalent t6ub1gc5

psu: corsair cx600m

does this matter?

14 minutes ago, dazzleshark said:

ok here goes

old pc:

cpu: intel core 2 duo 6400

mb: g31m3 ms-7528

ram: cm2x2048 corsair 6400c5dhx

gpu: n630gt-md2gd3

psu: chieftec gps-400aa-101a

new items that were bought or found in our house that we used to test different combinations:

cpu: Pentium 4 631

mb: asus p5n mx 

gpu: radeon hd8570

ram: supertalent t6ub1gc5

psu: corsair cx600m

does this matter?

Thank you, helped a lot.
So you've tried different monitors, different cables, different GPUs - but have you tried updating your graphic drivers? If you're sure that everything is working hardware-wise, I would suggest you to update the display drivers.

Also, when turning on the computer - does the monitor respond to anything at all?

4 minutes ago, Sanguinary said:

Thank you, helped a lot.
So you've tried different monitors, different cables, different GPUs - but have you tried updating your graphic drivers? If you're sure that everything is working hardware-wise, I would suggest you to update the display drivers.

Also, when turning on the computer - does the monitor respond to anything at all?

how am i supposed to update anything when i cant even see the bios let alone windows. 

the system may be powered on but we get nothing on the screen. black. no signal. 

1 minute ago, Scott Macbeth said:

Have you tried testing each ram stick individually?

yes sorry forgot to mention that. ive tried that as well.