Looking to build best bang for buck around £1800-£200 uk

Hey, I am new here so forgive me if my formatting or even the entire post is wrong, but I'll cut to the chase.

As title suggest, I have a budget of around £1800-£2000 (with wiggle room) and I'm from the UK (Northern Ireland specifically)

I am looking to build a new pc, my current one I built in 2012 with an i7 4770k, gtx 770, 16gb Vulcan memory and an old gigabyte ultra durable motherboard. I also have a triple monitor setup, but they are 1080p and would like 1440, 144hz and am willing to drop back down to two.

I have not really followed much of the PC scene for a while, and seeing the difference in price on the likes of an rtx 2070 double or triple without being able to really see why, I figure I'd ask for some advise or recommendations.

I don't really have a hard cut off in budget, but since I haven't really been using my PC much in the past few months, I don't think I can justify spending more than £2000 when I know I can get a very good set up for that.

In terms of case, I currently have an NZXT phantom Enthusiast case, and like it, but it doesn't have a clear side panel and I want to be an RGB pleb on this build wherever reasonable. So something along those lines, but open to recommendations of others.

CPU now, I have always been intel, with no real reason other than I made the last pc to primarily game on, but I am liking the sound of the 3rd gen Ryzen. I am also dabbling a little more in web design and might have to take up a little bit of video editing (but not a lot, if any)

GPU, I would like to be able to have the choice to play new games with flashy settings, but understand that having all the bells and whistles will push up the total price of the build, so looking something reasonably priced, but still powerful for AAA games

Cooling, I have always been a bit skeptical when it comes to water cooling, but understand that it has become a lot more reliable than it was almost a decade ago, still haven't really weighed up my options too much in the pros and cons of liquid or fan cooled.

Storage, don't know what has changed with hard drives since 2012. Change scares me.

Sorry for the wall of text, I don't mean to ramble on or anything, just want to get as accurate feedback as possible and appreciate your time and efforts. Thank you.

3 hours ago, D3ad_memories said:

Hello, 

For gaming the 3600 is on par with the 3700x, no AIO because air cooling is enough.

A case with a lot of airflow, a really good PSU (though not modular or semi).

And a 2080Ti :) 

Is there a reason for not going a z370 or z390 board? With my only knowledge of pc components coming from Linus videos, I see him using those over most others in most cases. Is it down to preference, comparability, cost, or anything I haven't thought of?

11 minutes ago, D3ad_memories said:

Is there a reason for not going a z370 or z390 board? With my only knowledge of pc components coming from Linus videos, I see him using those over most others in most cases. Is it down to preference, comparability, cost, or anything I haven't thought of?

Z370 boards are for 8th gen intel and Z390 are for 9th gen intel and they are both LGA1151 sockets while B450/X570 are AM4 sockets.

19 minutes ago, D3ad_memories said:

Z390 and Z370 motherboards are for intel cpus. The cpus the others chose are AMD's Ryzen series which aren't compatible with the 370/390 motherboards. Ryzen series motherboards consist of A320 (not compatible w/ the 3000 series), B350, B450, x470, X370, and x570.

4 minutes ago, JtJ said:

Z390 and Z370 motherboards are for intel cpus. The cpus the others chose are AMD's Ryzen series which aren't compatible with the 370/390 motherboards. Ryzen series motherboards consist of A320 (not the 3000 series), B350, B450, x470, and x570.

6 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Z370 boards are for 8th gen intel and Z390 are for 9th gen intel and they are both LGA1151 sockets while B450/X570 are AM4 sockets.

Thanks again. 

If you don't upgrade that often, then no reason not to go for the 3700X. It is a bit faster in some games.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£291.18 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£99.96 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£69.95 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£82.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£49.50 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (£679.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£99.98 @ Box Limited) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME SNOWSILENT 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£92.99) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  (£484.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £1986.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-05 17:22 GMT+0000

Link to Seasonic power supply:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seasonic-prime-ultra-snow-silent-650w-80-plus-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-06k-ss.html