Budget with headroom!

Im thinking of a new build/first build. I want it sort of a little of everything. I dont really game probably will never do much of that, i do want to do some very light video/photo editing and mostly music recording/production. Sort of an all around hobby machine. 

I would skip a graphics card for now with an option to add onto it later. My ultimate goal here is to keep it as cheap as possible to start so that i am able to start. Sort of 500-600$ canadian would reasonable. I imagine getting a decent motherboard with pci e and run operating software on that and then have hdd for mass storage, something like an 8-9th gen intel i5 or amd equivalent (sides dont matter as much as results and future proofing.

I will have very very minimal web exposure to prolong the pc life and i will probably not upgrade it for at least 6-7 years (only components as needed) 

If anyone could give me some pointers as to what to look for in a motherboard i think thats the biggest thing i understand the least. 

10 minutes ago, Niker said:

Hello,

That would be a decent entry level computer :

Possibility to upgrade to a 3900x later on, more ram, more storage, a GPU etc

2 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

That would be a decent entry level computer :

Possibility to upgrade to a 3900x later on, more ram, more storage, a GPU etc

If you plan on potentially upgrading later, I'd get a 650 watt or higher PSU so its not a limiting factor for a card like a 2080ti or a 5700xt I know the TDP isnt that high but AMD recommends a 650 to account for high boost wattage).

https://www.newegg.com/thermaltake-toughpower-gx1-ps-tpd-0700nnfagu-1-700w/p/N82E16817153375?Description=thermaltake toughpower&cm_re=thermaltake_toughpower-_-17-153-375-_-Product

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

7 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

If you plan on potentially upgrading later, I'd get a 650 watt or higher PSU so its not a limiting factor for a card like a 2080ti or a 5700xt I know the TDP isnt that high but AMD recommends a 650 to account for high boost wattage).

https://www.newegg.com/thermaltake-toughpower-gx1-ps-tpd-0700nnfagu-1-700w/p/N82E16817153375?Description=thermaltake toughpower&cm_re=thermaltake_toughpower-_-17-153-375-_-Product

A 550W power supply would run fine on a 5700XT setup, and to be frank AMD and Nvidia are always over estimating the wattage required for their gpus.

Would there be a benefit of nvme ssd? I know it uses some pcie space but is it doable to get an entry level graphics card while having nvme solid state storage? 

Ok i did just see on the specs for that board that it does have a m. 2 port for nvme. Probably better than a ssd on sata? 

34 minutes ago, Niker said:

Would there be a benefit of nvme ssd? I know it uses some pcie space but is it doable to get an entry level graphics card while having nvme solid state storage? 

Ok i did just see on the specs for that board that it does have a m. 2 port for nvme. Probably better than a ssd on sata? 

Usually better speed and also no cable management is a plus.

Thanks guys! This motherboard would support that pretty well too? 

1 minute ago, Niker said:

Thanks guys! This motherboard would support that pretty well too? 

Yes it's 3rd gen ready and it can support a 3900x OC with good airflow.