issues with an overloaded network

redbaddie11

have been having issues with packet loss ever since i got a new router and i believe it is due to the amount of devices on the network because i have a big family. the previous one could handle all the devices but this one can not. any ideas on how to solve this issue? 

i have been using this command to test for packet loss  "ping www.google.com -n 30"

343d80cc138569824f860c2c6fbdb8af.png

2 minutes ago, redbaddie11 said:

have been having issues with packet loss ever since i got a new router and i believe it is due to the amount of devices on the network because i have a big family. the previous one could handle all the devices but this one can not. any ideas on how to solve this issue? 

i have been using this command to test for packet loss  "ping www.google.com -n 30"

What router are you using now?

What router were you using before?

Are you on wireless?

If so, How far and what obstacles are between you and the router?

How many clients are on the network give or take?

What are the clients doing during testing and general use when you notice issues?

Is QOT enabled on the router if supported?

Just some basic information to get people started on the right foot.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Atmos said:

What router are you using now?

What router were you using before?

Are you on wireless?

If so, How far and what obstacles are between you and the router?

How many clients are on the network give or take?

What are the clients doing during testing and general use when you notice issues?

Is QOT enabled on the router if supported?

Just some basic information to get people started on the right foot.

alright ill see if i can get that info sorry im not all that good with networking

3 minutes ago, redbaddie11 said:

alright ill see if i can get that info sorry im not all that good with networking

Thats alright man. I might not be able to help a ton but i can hopefully at least ween some useful information from ye for anyone who knows more about the black magic arts of networking

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

5 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Thats alright man. I might not be able to help a ton but i can hopefully at least ween some useful information from ye for anyone who knows more about the black magic arts of networking

I'm sure it just need some magic dust. Also try pinging 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 those DNS server are usually good at replying. With that being said maybe a different DNS server would help?