New Monitor(s) Suggestions / Also Faulty

Kl33nex
Go to solution Solved by Kl33nex,

Ok: Quick update.

The fault with one of my existing Acer RT270 is now affecting the power on/off button, directly next to the other physical buttons which periodically show up on screen as an icon directly above each button to determine what each do. (if that even makes sense).

So, I'm even more determined to replace both monitors asap. It's doing my head in!

After much online research these last few days and seriously at one point considerating one single ultrawide curved screen, I've 99.9% decided on my preferred choice of two. Non-curved.

My question now is: My new PC isn't finished being built yet, but (as previously mentioned) it will have a Nvidia RTX GPU.

The monitor(s) I really want is the LG 32GK650F-B which has FreeSync but does not support G-Sync. (not that I was really aiming to specifically have this)

Should I continue looking for a G-Sync compatible one or, since I really like everything else about the above mentioned monitor, will I even NEED/notice G-Sync?

I should add, I've read the basics about G-Sync online and I'm not too bothered whether I have it or not. Which is why I've virtually made my mind up.

I just wanted a second opinion really.

Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, I ordered two of those LG 32's.

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

IPS can come just as poorly calibrated as another other panel type.

That's why i said most. But according to that site Samsung VA displays are decent pre-calibrated too so they may worth the shot (the one for 280 GBP i've mentioned before).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

59 minutes ago, Kl33nex said:

Have you already posted a photo of your setup on the forum? If you have, please link me. ?

5F85E3FD-C69F-47EA-8AAE-2AC851168335.thumb.jpeg.1eb5c128b658b74ecdedc52da4bbf37f.jpegThis is a really poor photo of it during the summer without the RGB or room backlighting. I’m kinda pimping out the corner of my basement and the cable management is a mess right now. I’m just waiting for my 2080S to get in and I’m going to post my completely new build with a UWQHD monitor

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 hours ago, Juular said:

That's why i said most. But according to that site Samsung VA displays are decent pre-calibrated too so they may worth the shot (the one for 280 GBP i've mentioned before).

I liked the Samsung 27" once you linked earlier. In fact, I'm seriously considering the 32" version. I've already read several reviews.

SAMSUNG LC32JG50QQUXEN 31.5" 2560x1440 VA 144hz CURVED

What are your pro's and con's about this one? Price seems pretty good too. £320-£340.

also, Statik. Setup looks good. ? I like the beer placement. A 3 monitor non-curved setup does look great in my opinion. Wraps around you.

I've been thinking about what you said earlier and, since I won't have the desk space for three, I'd definitely like to go from my two 28"s to 32"s. This would almost completely fill my desk and look really good. My heart is set on two 32's now.

5 minutes ago, Kl33nex said:

I liked the Samsung 27" once you linked earlier. In fact, I'm seriously considering the 32" version. I've already read several reviews.

SAMSUNG LC32JG50QQUXEN 31.5" 2560x1440 VA 144hz CURVED

What are your pro's and con's about this one? Price seems pretty good too. £320-£340.

Well, it's VA there's some ghosting as on any VA panel but you get noticeably deeper blacks than on IPS panel.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

• 2 weeks later...

Ok: Quick update.

The fault with one of my existing Acer RT270 is now affecting the power on/off button, directly next to the other physical buttons which periodically show up on screen as an icon directly above each button to determine what each do. (if that even makes sense).

So, I'm even more determined to replace both monitors asap. It's doing my head in!

After much online research these last few days and seriously at one point considerating one single ultrawide curved screen, I've 99.9% decided on my preferred choice of two. Non-curved.

My question now is: My new PC isn't finished being built yet, but (as previously mentioned) it will have a Nvidia RTX GPU.

The monitor(s) I really want is the LG 32GK650F-B which has FreeSync but does not support G-Sync. (not that I was really aiming to specifically have this)

Should I continue looking for a G-Sync compatible one or, since I really like everything else about the above mentioned monitor, will I even NEED/notice G-Sync?

I should add, I've read the basics about G-Sync online and I'm not too bothered whether I have it or not. Which is why I've virtually made my mind up.

I just wanted a second opinion really.

Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, I ordered two of those LG 32's.

Edited by Kl33nex
resolved