Am I dumb or should i return my degree ?

funn3r

Hi,

i was looking for air purifiers and i found my favorite one. It's Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier Pro.

But i am little bit confused with purifying performance which is 5000m3/h. 

If I am counting right, it's 5000000 Liters per hour, which is about 1400 Liters per second.

Seems little strange to me :D ? What am I missing here ?

CADR of up to 406m³/h, 48m² effective coverage

https://www.mi.com/global/air

About 100 liters per second, still not sure if it's real number or they're measuring spherical horses through vacuum but it looks more believable than 1.5 m3 per second.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

406 m3/h is still 112 Liters per second, at my local vendor is specified 5000m3/h i got

confirmed that value by theirs employee.309143862_Snmekobrazovky2019-12-04v18_49_56.png.daafcff92e03b1a079e46b5c1d33c0fd.png

Keep your degree. More likely your math is good but the numbers manufacturers provide are incorrect

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, funn3r said:

406 m3/h is still 112 Liters per second, at my local vendor is specified 5000m3/h i got

confirmed that value by theirs employee. -pic-

They lie, mostly cus they don't know and just repeat what they have been told.

Ask him how they've put a jet engine in there then.

Okay so how can i get real performance then ? :D

Has anybody some experience with it ?

As with most things, by reading reviews.

3 minutes ago, funn3r said:

Tell them they have a clear FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE there. As even their OWN SITE says something completely different.

Screenshot_13.png.d2f027fb497cefeddd7b8229266a4836.png

Source: https://xiaomi-mi.com/air-and-water-purifiers/xiaomi-mijia-air-purifier-pro/

So yeah personally i would say #$%^& 'm and go with a company that does not lie to its customers. (if by accident or not this is really really bad, they showing you perfectly how much they care about you).

See, it looks like the CADR rating listed on their site is not how much air it puts through itself but some obscure method of evaluating of much particulate matter it can clear, it depends on the pollutant. And 5k cubic meters per hour might be it's peak air pulling capability but since it seems to be rated only for 31W, that number are either reached only for some very short periods maybe in smth like turbo mode or that's a complete bullshit.

1 minute ago, Juular said:

See, it looks like the CADR rating listen on their site is not how much air it puts through itself but some obscure method of evaluating of much particulate matter it can clear, it depends on the pollutant. And 5 cubic meters per hour might be it's peak air pulling capability but since it seems to be rated only for 31W, that number are either reached only for some very short periods maybe in smth like turbo mode or that's a complete bullshit.

Well i think you got the right answer right there. :D
even 500m3/h is a complete LIE, that physically impossible to do in such small container. Hell its even more then the size of room it was designed for. It makes no fucking sense at all. I so hope everyone sees that shit and don't fall for their lies.

Cus as long as people keep giving them money they will keep lying to their customers, cus we are giving them money for it....

7 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Well i think you got the right answer right there. :D
even 500m3/h is a complete LIE, that physically impossible to do in such small container. Hell its even more then the size of room it was designed for. It makes no fucking sense at all. I so hope everyone sees that shit and don't fall for their lies.

Cus as long as people keep giving them money they will keep lying to their customers, cus we are giving them money for it....

I doubt that these numbers are any different from other manufacturers, it's just an usual bullshittery with measuring stuff, like TDP with CPUs, PMPO wattage with sound systems etc.

I suspect the numbers are simply a blatant lie and they get away with it because it's not something most people can easily measure, and so they don't get called out.  I've seen suspicious things when it comes to air-related products before.  Specifically, some Dyson fans' claimed flowrate is way above that of some other powerful traditional fans' claimed flowrates, and while I don't have hard data, I strongly suspect that this is not accurate, particularly given how little airflow you feel from them vs something more traditional.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

@funn3r No idea!

Nice clickbait, though! I totally fell for it, even though I'm a self-proclaimed expert when it comes to clickbaits and try my best to avoid them. 

Couldn't resist clicking this one though, which is something!

Consider it a compliment, mate.