How do you use standalone RGB strips?

Ikaunieksplay

Hello again.
So basically I will cut straight to the chase,
I want to buy 10 meters of non-waterproof rgb led strips(I will be using them inside, and on my desk in a place where they are safe from any spills), but I am kind of confused on how they work.
I want to buy the standalone version with a power adapter and rgb controller, not the ones that plug into your pc. I want to put them on 2 opposite walls and my desk which is in between. How do I do this, what type of strips should I buy(5050 or 2835), etc. Will I need to buy 3 different power adapters and rgb controllers or is there some cables I can use. If I get 3 rgb controllers, will I be able to control them with one remote, and if so, how do I switch between the 3 areas of strips? I live in Latvia, so if youre gonna send links please say if they are compatible with the power network and plugs here.
I dont have a lot of money left over, so I will most probably be buying on AliExpress, so any links or just general reccomendations are welcome!
Thanks in advance!

just look up rgb room on youtube. they exsplane how they hook up and work. also there are websites that just sell this kinda thing so thats the best place. they can help out and pic parts that are compatible instead of you guessing.

you would build the system around what controllers you get.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 12/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, Ikaunieksplay said:

Hello again.
So basically I will cut straight to the chase,
I want to buy 10 meters of non-waterproof rgb led strips(I will be using them inside, and on my desk in a place where they are safe from any spills), but I am kind of confused on how they work.
I want to buy the standalone version with a power adapter and rgb controller, not the ones that plug into your pc. I want to put them on 2 opposite walls and my desk which is in between. How do I do this, what type of strips should I buy(5050 or 2835), etc. Will I need to buy 3 different power adapters and rgb controllers or is there some cables I can use. If I get 3 rgb controllers, will I be able to control them with one remote, and if so, how do I switch between the 3 areas of strips? I live in Latvia, so if youre gonna send links please say if they are compatible with the power network and plugs here.
I dont have a lot of money left over, so I will most probably be buying on AliExpress, so any links or just general reccomendations are welcome!
Thanks in advance!

It depends on how you plan to wire them but there are controllers that have multiple leads for controlling two reels of LED strips and matching both of them together. What you will require if you want to run a very long singular strip is a signal and power injector such as this as 5M is pretty much the limit for most LED strips. 

For example: https://www.amazon.com/WenTop-300leds-Controller-Bedroom-Lighting/dp/B07DDBTZZJ/ref=sr_1_4

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Repeater-Signal-Amplifier-Strip/dp/B00E4JQDKE/ref=sr_1_5

5 hours ago, W-L said:

It depends on how you plan to wire them but there are controllers that have multiple leads for controlling two reels of LED strips and matching both of them together. What you will require if you want to run a very long singular strip is a signal and power injector such as this as 5M is pretty much the limit for most LED strips. 

For example: https://www.amazon.com/WenTop-300leds-Controller-Bedroom-Lighting/dp/B07DDBTZZJ/ref=sr_1_4

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Repeater-Signal-Amplifier-Strip/dp/B00E4JQDKE/ref=sr_1_5

the first link is an out of date ir controller don't buy that.... it also depends if its argb or rgb. rgb you need a repeter like the botom link and argb you need to add power and ground form other psu around 5m or so.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links