DDNS using owned domain

Novistion

So I own a domain from Squarespace, and I want to be able to access my home server from "domainname.com/servername" or domainname.com/portnumber" or something as that, and I have no clue where to begin. Anyone have a solution for me?

Ran by coffee

9 minutes ago, Novistion said:

So I own a domain from Squarespace, and I want to be able to access my home server from "domainname.com/servername" or domainname.com/portnumber" or something as that, and I have no clue where to begin. Anyone have a solution for me?

Its really not that simple. You need to establish if your home connection has a static IP or not. If it does then Squarespace should be able to make the domain resolve to your IP, if not then you need a middle layer called dynamic DNS and preferably a router that also supports it (though that's not 100% required) so when your ISP changes your IP the service can update the domain resolver record to point to the new address. Dymanic DNS will probably cost you a little more though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

you would need to create a subdomain in squarespace (something like: homeserver.domain.com) and if your house has a static ip then you set that subdomain to point to your house's ip, If you have a dynamic ip then you could use a dynamic dns service like No-Ip and set that domain as a CNAME record for homeserver.domain.com

I don't know if you can change dns in squarespace and how to but I am guessing you can