Having trouble installing wraith prism

crainingaming

hey guys, so the title basically says it all. Im having trouble with the retention arms that connect to the built in plastic of an x570 board. Ive got one in, but the retention rod with the lever is being very resistant, Ive had all 3 of my friends try but it just wont budge. Is it supposed to be like this?

update: the retention clip broke off because my friend pushed it past its boundries and it clipepd off. signing off for now, unless there is a way to get it back on

• 2 weeks later...

You need to flip the arm to the unlocked position before hooking the cooler on. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You need to flip the arm to the unlocked position before hooking the cooler on. 

Nailed it... Mounting it should require a slight angled push but if it seems like it is taking too much effort, re-evaluate 

On 12/4/2019 at 5:44 PM, crainingaming said:

hey guys, so the title basically says it all. Im having trouble with the retention arms that connect to the built in plastic of an x570 board. Ive got one in, but the retention rod with the lever is being very resistant, Ive had all 3 of my friends try but it just wont budge. Is it supposed to be like this?

Hey!

I had the exact same problem. The solution was to turn it 180°.

You can then press on the other side of the lever the metal (after it's connected) into the cooler. Make the lever point towords the top and then get the metal over the plastik tip. At this point you can switch the lever. 

Hope it is helping 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, crainingaming said:

update: the retention clip broke off because my friend pushed it past its boundries and it clipepd off. signing off for now, unless there is a way to get it back on

Epoxy. 

9 hours ago, StarsMars said:

Epoxy. 

Or buy a new one.  They are inexpensive on Amazon.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.