Red dragon RGB

Elite-ZA

Hi i bought a Reddragon sideswipe case a few weeks ago. Is there anyway i can connect the rgb fans an d controller to the rgb header on the motherboard to use with aura sync. I have a b450 tough gaming series. Thanks

There are people likely better able to answer this one than me but the post looked lonely so I’ll take a stab.

I’m no expert on rgb, but I was told rgb cables are separated from fan power cables. Case rgb I would think is just like fan rgb.  The rgb fan dude around here seems to be @LogicalDrm. He will have better data than me.  He’s a busy guy though I suspect.

So to apply what little I got:  The rgb cables would want to go into the motherboard rgb controller (if there is one).  If there is only one port it would need to become part of the splitter set for the rgb fans (if there are any)  I do not know what “d controller” means. (I know nothing about your board specifically :/). It may be time to dig out the manual.  There should be a graphical layout of your board in it that marks what all the plugs are exactly.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If the fans don't say they support motherboard RGB, then no. You have to use included controller. This is usually the thing with cheaper RGB stuff, but there are exceptions.

PS. All I know about RGB is based on reading specs, manuals, watching pics etc. I despise RGB in general.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/4/2019 at 8:06 AM, Elite-ZA said:

Hi i bought a Reddragon sideswipe case a few weeks ago. Is there anyway i can connect the rgb fans an d controller to the rgb header on the motherboard to use with aura sync. I have a b450 tough gaming series. Thanks

looks like your mb only has 1 rgb 12v header above the 24pin. and looks like the read dragon fans are also rgb but they probably have generic connectors on it that probably go in to a controller that should have  4pin cable if it supports mb. im just guessing a pic of the controller would help.

i did find this if this is the fans and controller

website

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links