Have laptop connect to one network and use a static IP, and use a dynamic IP on all other networks

limegorilla
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
2 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

I don’t know if this is possible but in summary, I need to use a static IP at home for various projects I’ve got to work. Obviously I’ve changed my IP in control panel to the one I’ve set it.

if I connect to another network, for example my collage network, will it still try to get that IP or can I have it automatically switch between Dynamic and Static IP addresses 

There used to be software you could buy that did that, dunno if it worked under win10 tho.

But this also may help

https://www.onlinecomputertips.com/support-categories/networking/304-static-dyamic-ip-same-time

I don’t know if this is possible but in summary, I need to use a static IP at home for various projects I’ve got to work. Obviously I’ve changed my IP in control panel to the one I’ve set it.

if I connect to another network, for example my collage network, will it still try to get that IP or can I have it automatically switch between Dynamic and Static IP addresses 

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

2 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

There used to be software you could buy that did that, dunno if it worked under win10 tho.

But this also may help

https://www.onlinecomputertips.com/support-categories/networking/304-static-dyamic-ip-same-time

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

But this also may help

That looks exactly like what I need thanks

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

10 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

That looks exactly like what I need thanks

You can set a static IP in windows 10 and still run DHCP on every other device connected to the router - https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, Lenovo1984 said:

That isn't what they need. They need something for when they move the computer, not for other devices on one network. 

Arh, sorry didn't read the post properly

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

use dhcp on you computer and configure your router to assign your computer a static ip

10 hours ago, cole0622 said:

use dhcp on you computer and configure your router to assign your computer a static ip

Exactly what I was going to suggest but if it is a home network it may not be able to do that.