Wan Port Aggression

Mexi_Boy01

Ok so I need some help of understanding wan port aggression.  I have a Netgear CM1200 cable modem and a Nighthawk AX12 WiFi router.  I have COX as internet provider which has 940 Mbps Download and 35 Mbps Upload.  Someone said that doing the wan port aggregation will help get the most of my internet and others say that to not worry about it because it’s all confusing.  Is it worth doing the aggregation or just set up with my WAN port to my modem?

95521161-C1C6-4B8E-B9BC-2796CB2FE18F.jpeg

Im going to guess wan drinks too much distilled wine and then gets angry :)

...I’m probably wrong though :/

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Mexi_Boy01 said:

Ok so I need some help of understanding wan port aggression.  I have a Netgear CM1200 cable modem and a Nighthawk AX12 WiFi router.  I have COX as internet provider which has 940 Mbps Download and 35 Mbps Upload.  Someone said that doing the wan port aggregation will help get the most of my internet and others say that to not worry about it because it’s all confusing.  Is it worth doing the aggregation or just set up with my WAN port to my modem?

95521161-C1C6-4B8E-B9BC-2796CB2FE18F.jpeg

Ox has to implement the feature. Most of the modems that offer this feature didn’t have it implemented when they launched. So they had to switch it on with a firmware update. It’s COX who pushes firmware to your modem. 

On top of that your not going to get much better speeds. Multi Gig speeds are far off on horizon for cable internet. I think most of us would like better upload first. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.