Followed Tutorial and PC Runs TERRIBLE!

donkin
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
5 minutes ago, donkin said:

Mainly just photoshop work and a lot of game files, server backups from my game servers, I'm just going to back that up to my other drives and disconnect them, and clean install on my ssd.

Sounds like you know what to do then GL

I followed this tutorial to the T and saw others who did and it worked well for them but for me, well it slams my CPU to 100% when anything happens in games, it stutters, basically renders my computer useless for gaming at the moment and so far I have around 3-4 TB of data that I don't want to backup or even on my SSD I have around 400GB I don't want to backup, even then I don't know if it will even work the same again if I reinstall windows, any sort of help would be great!!!

Got to 1:11. First possible issue. The Man is very hard to understand.  What version of Windows 10 did he design this thing for originally?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

38 min video.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

38 min video.  

I don't know personally but isn't there only like minimal differences between Enterprise and Home and all the rest? Right now I have home, what solution would you try for this issue?

Just now, donkin said:

I don't know personally but isn't there only like minimal differences between Enterprise and Home and all the rest? Right now I have home, what solution would you try for this issue?

Undo what the dude did.  Considering the video length that’s probably a lot of things.  “Enterprise and home?”  I’m talking about between updates of windows.  1909 was the previous one.  I don’t know what the current is.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Undo what the dude did.  Considering the video length that’s probably a lot of things.  “Enterprise and home?”  I’m talking about between updates of windows.  1909 was the previous one.  I don’t know what the current is. 

He did a ton of registry edit stuff and just a ton of things I wouldn't even know how to undo, there's no "Undo" button or something like that. Also had a ton of scripts that you downloaded to run, other people had success but I have found some have terrible performance (like me) and I've looked through a ton of comments and haven't found anyone that has found a solution to it

Well... Did you happen to back up the partition Windows was on before you followed a random tutorial on YouTube? If not, I would recommend a system restore, assuming this guide didn't have you disable it and delete the restore points.  

1 minute ago, Founders said:

Well... Did you happen to back up the partition Windows was on before you followed a random tutorial on YouTube? If not, I would recommend a system restore, assuming this guide didn't have you disable it and delete the restore points.  

I don't believe so, and I'll be sure to take such precautions in the future, didn't really think of that tbh.

2 minutes ago, Founders said:

Heh.  A really complicated version of getting someone to hit alt f4 in game but I could see it happening

Im smelling “clean install in safe mode”. anything On that drive you will miss if it gets erased?

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Im smelling “clean install in safe mode”. anything On that drive you will miss if it gets erased?

Mainly just photoshop work and a lot of game files, server backups from my game servers, I'm just going to back that up to my other drives and disconnect them, and clean install on my ssd.

5 minutes ago, donkin said:

Sounds like you know what to do then GL