Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DESTROYER 123503

Buying graphics card

3 minutes ago, DESTROYER 123503 said:

So im buying a brand new pc and i was wondering if i should buy this graphics card. I just dont want to buy a graphics card that wont give me problems like thermals, really

What is your budget/country, and current parts list?

Only 1080p 60hz gaming?

The RX 590 isn't much more expensive, so I'd maybe just go for that over a 580, unless you go to the used market for your 480/580 where it'll be a lot cheaper.

Pretty much all of the cards are fine, except for the cheapest or smallest of coolers like an MSI armor. It's not like a high end card where it draws a lot more power.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/KFzkcf/powercolor-radeon-rx-590-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-590-8gbd5-dhd

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, DESTROYER 123503 said:

this a good card?

Pretty solid. Would go for rx590 which runs hotter, but it will come with better performance. 

1660 super could fir in your budget, runs a bit cooler, and does not use as much power as the rx series.

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

Pretty solid. Would go for rx590 which runs hotter, but it will come with better performance. 

1660 super could fir in your budget, runs a bit cooler, and does not use as much power as the rx series.

The 2 cheapest 590s on the UK part picker have 2.5 slot coolers, I have no idea why MSI made an armor RX 590.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?