Port Forwarding

printf_cyber

port forwarding fails after all the settings in the router and even after allowing inbound connections through windows firewall..
enabling dmz works but i wanna avoid that shit cz that makes me vulnerable to attacks..
help :/

Untitled.png

Untitled22.png

Have you checked the firewall rule on the router? It may still be blocking the port even if it's set to forward. As the port is the same internally and externally, I'd leave the internal port blank.

Also, I assume something is actually running that will respond to the forwarded packet? If nothing is running, the port will often be returned as closed. 

A number of things can cause this. What is your ISP connection type? Fiber/Coax/DSL/LTE? Some ISP's & connection types don't allow Port Forwarding.

Have you checked to make sure you're not behind a double NAT? What can cause this is when your Modem doubles as a Router and you've connected your own Router to that one.

5 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

A number of things can cause this. What is your ISP connection type? Fiber/Coax/DSL/LTE? Some ISP's & connection types don't allow Port Forwarding.

Have you checked to make sure you're not behind a double NAT? What can cause this is when your Modem doubles as a Router and you've connected your own Router to that one.

how do i check that im not behind a dbl nat?

5 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Have you checked the firewall rule on the router? It may still be blocking the port even if it's set to forward. As the port is the same internally and externally, I'd leave the internal port blank.

Also, I assume something is actually running that will respond to the forwarded packet? If nothing is running, the port will often be returned as closed. 

i was checking the port on that software and when i entered my ip in dmz host it worked but when i put it in port forwarding it dznt :/

6 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

how do i check that im not behind a dbl nat?

What modem & router, or modem/router combo are you using?

What modem & router, or modem/router combo are you using?

just one router: dlink (model: dsl-2750u)

6 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

just one router: dlink (model: dsl-2750u)

If you're running directly off of that then it shouldn't be a double NAT issue. And this also means your ISP connection type is DSL. I'm going to assume port forwarding on DSL works like any other since I've only heard people having serious issues when using LTE connection types due to CG-NAT.

Did you try using an online port tester? They've worked for me when I can't directly test the open port.

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

If you're running directly off of that then it shouldn't be a double NAT issue. And this also means your ISP connection type is DSL. I'm going to assume port forwarding on DSL works like any other since I've only heard people having serious issues when using LTE connection types due to CG-NAT.

Did you try using an online port tester? They've worked for me when I can't directly test the open port.

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

still not working bro :| and yea its dsl
i can view more settings if u want... something wrong might be triggered on/off...

28 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

still not working bro :| and yea its dsl
i can view more settings if u want... something wrong might be triggered on/off...

There isn't a significant amount of things to go wrong. Port Forwarding as a feature is fairly simplistic except as Oshino Shinobu mentioned it could be firewall related (even though the point of port forwarding is to circumvent the firewall).

The one thing that stands out as odd to me in your included image is that the WAN interface says eth4 when the WAN is your DSL connection. Now from experience even though it says WAN it could very well just be referring to the LAN but by any chance was this a setting you configured manually? Or was that just there when you hit OK/Apply?

On 12/3/2019 at 11:52 PM, Windows7ge said:

There isn't a significant amount of things to go wrong. Port Forwarding as a feature is fairly simplistic except as Oshino Shinobu mentioned it could be firewall related (even though the point of port forwarding is to circumvent the firewall).

The one thing that stands out as odd to me in your included image is that the WAN interface says eth4 when the WAN is your DSL connection. Now from experience even though it says WAN it could very well just be referring to the LAN but by any chance was this a setting you configured manually? Or was that just there when you hit OK/Apply?

it was done by choosing between these options in the dropdown menu:

also, it was eth4 even when my pc was on the 1st port (eth1) but then i switched to the 4th port (eth4) thinking it might work... but it didnt. which means its probably a preset and independent of the devices connected to the port

1185036986_Annotation2019-12-08214701.thumb.jpg.e1c1b47e9da8d7160daf721a1a2ad0e3.jpg

2 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

it was done by choosing between these options in the dropdown menu:

also, it was eth4 even when my pc was on the 1st port (eth1) but then i switched to the 4th port (eth4) thinking it might work... but it didnt. which means its probably a preset and independent of the devices connected to the port

I feel like I'm wrong but the way it's worded it looks as if it's using eth4 as the WAN interface. You'd want your DSL connection but that's not listed here.

I don't know for sure if port forwarding on DSL is possible I just haven't heard of people doing it. I'm wondering if Eth4 is in someway designed to go off to a cable/fiber modem and act as a Eth WAN interface instead of LAN. I can't say for sure I'd have to scour the user manual of your DSL modem/router.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:02 PM, Windows7ge said:

I feel like I'm wrong but the way it's worded it looks as if it's using eth4 as the WAN interface. You'd want your DSL connection but that's not listed here.

I don't know for sure if port forwarding on DSL is possible I just haven't heard of people doing it. I'm wondering if Eth4 is in someway designed to go off to a cable/fiber modem and act as a Eth WAN interface instead of LAN. I can't say for sure I'd have to scour the user manual of your DSL modem/router.

i feel u cz the interface and language used is, indeed, shit... thanks for ur cooperation ill just contact the isp and go from there :)