Brother of drug lord Pablo Escobar launches a $349 foldable smartphone

piemadd

I wonder if selling the phones is only to fund the apple lawsuit or if the apple lawsuit is to pre-stimy an IP lawsuit.   Also boobs.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ Yep. 
788108029_ScreenShot2019-12-03at9_14_50AM.png.fcc226c2dba9f5179ef226963f85244f.png

How are you gonna have loss of property or just "losses" from a phone? Note 7 time? 

Also no refunds. 

I love it when companies put in things like this thinking that it is enforceable. If they have a design flaw that causes property damage then it is still on them. If they sell something that is not advertised then you can return it regardless of what nonsense they put on agreements like this. It's like the apartment that tried to charge my brother 2 grand for turning in his key a day late when the cost to them for him turning it in late is nowhere near 2 grand. Ended up not paying a dime because it wasn't enforceable and they tried to overstep. 

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

Uhm... you know that being related to a criminal doesn't automatically make you one...?

To be clear, I know nothing about this guy - but him being brothers with Pablo tells me nothing about his trustworthiness.

Did you see the video advert for this? I did not, but the thumbnail said it all really. This aint about selling a phone. Gah.

4 hours ago, pierom_qwerty said:

holy shit that definitely is. look at the renders of the escobar. 

the only thing is that the royale is supposedly $1320, which is quite a bit more than the escobar. also, royale's website disappeared just a few days ago :thinking:

http://www.royole.com/ca/flexpai

Works for me?

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

I'm getting soljaboy console vibes and they're using the mvmt approach of cutting out the "middleman".... Except they are the middleman 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, Levent said:

This feels like a scam to me.

Considering he's suing Apple (who deserve it) and promising to give the money to "the people" I'd have to agree.

Anyone presenting themselves as fighting "for the people" or "for the greater good" should always be approached with a metric-fuck-tonne of skepticism, because 99% of the time they're just in it for themselves (read a history book, they don't care one fuck about "the people") and that's just their marketing-devil-speak

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

7 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Soooooo.... this is a reskinned royole flexpai?

*snip*

The first thing I thought was "This has to be a rebrand of something." and there we go!
I know nothing about this Roberto Escobar guy, but nobody comes out of nowhere in the phone space like this.

There is nothing inherently wrong with rebranding products, specially if your bringing to, and supporting them in a different part of the world that the original company isn't in.

That said... not sure if I would trust a brand new company, and if I recall that Flexpai phone was not that good, and might have been rushed to be the first flexible phone on the market.

I would really like this thing only for the ad, and for the maker, I love how this thing is so anti2019 Internet but ItS SeXiSt, YoU aRe DeAlIng WitH A DeAler 

But unfortunately the website doesn't not support payments from PayPal, always if this thing is real and not a big troll 

Ps: just one thing keeps me wondering.. How the heck just the use of the device could be a result of lost of anything?

Also I think I've seen this device somewhere else.. So it's a rebrand?

Edit: yeah rebrand.. But still

13 hours ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Personal note before we begin: HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA llmaooooooooooooo

ok now into the news

I think it is nice for someone to take on these brands.

I'm actually looking for a new phone, so im definitely going to buy this lmao. If you are wondering, "Why would you trust someone like this with making a phone?" 

Es bueno senor. I feel like if this goes anywhere, the money will either be donated to charity or into development of the phone.

OOOOOOO. Very nice, more than decent, exceptional! Now lets look at the specs:

OwO thats pretty nice. Kind of sad there is no Android 10, but 9 is fine and i'd even be happy with an update down the line.

Overall, I like this phone, and I'm definitely going to buy one. Wouldn't be surprised if Linus has already ordered one lol.

Article: https://www.neowin.net/news/brother-of-drug-lord-pablo-escobar-launches-a-349-foldable-smartphone/

Where to purchase the phone lol: https://www.escobarinc.com/product/fold1/

i think it's pretty cool but it's probably a scam lol

The website is going up and down.

Also, what is with those photos???

cropped.jpg.6c11c91aae6ad75d1f0f8375ab405ee2.jpg

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Link is dead for me?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, williamcll said:

The website is going up and down.

Also, what is with those photos???

cropped.jpg.6c11c91aae6ad75d1f0f8375ab405ee2.jpg

Maybe there is free subscription for a limited time for whoresubscription if you buy the phone 

7 hours ago, Xvaster said:

I would really like this thing only for the ad, and for the maker, I love how this thing is so anti2019 Internet but ItS SeXiSt, YoU aRe DeAlIng WitH A DeAler 

But unfortunately the website doesn't not support payments from PayPal, always if this thing is real and not a big troll 

Ps: just one thing keeps me wondering.. How the heck just the use of the device could be a result of lost of anything?

Also I think I've seen this device somewhere else.. So it's a rebrand?

Edit: yeah rebrand.. But still

Not really. If those involved are literally abused (look up a lot of accounts from models etc) then no, no amount of childish "but it's cool" will overcome the horror.

[Edit]

WTF (Ok, like... WHAT?!) is with those pics posted above?!

8 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Not really. If those involved are literally abused (look up a lot of accounts from models etc) then no, no amount of childish "but it's cool" will overcome the horror.

[Edit]

WTF (Ok, like... WHAT?!) is with those pics posted above?!

Don't take everything so seriously, however:

The view of bad/"cool"/nice/horrible/etc thing it's just subjective, don't try to objectify the thing to impose a certain view of things

Also by censuring certain (random) things, you are not gonna put down certain behaviours, they might be less "public" but they will still exist, always if there is request 

And we are not equal, and because of that any form of discrimination will still be there, even your own existence could damaging someone else 

On 12/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, TVwazhere said:

Personally I think (and hope) this will flop. 

1575349437_escobar-fold_story.jpg

Image result for emperor palpatine hate flow through you

Why do you want to see it fail?  If it's a big hit will it really impact your life? 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Why do you want to see it fail?  If it's a big hit will it really impact your life? 

No, I simply believe in life lessons. Because failing teaches the greatest lessons, which can lead to the greatest successes.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25