I need your opinion

BigShaq

Should I buy GALAXY BUDS FOR 100€ OR 

GALAXY WATCH 46mm for 200€? 

I can't buy both 

My personal opinion?  Neither.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, BigShaq said:

Should I buy GALAXY BUDS FOR 100€ OR 

GALAXY WATCH 46mm for 200€? 

I purchased the Galaxy Buds from Best Buy on release. Loved them, until the left one stopped charging. Samsung support  denied me warranty stating they couldn't find the serial number in their system. Especially since the serial is on the charging case and is extremely prone to scratching. It was un-readable. Had to give them the box's serial number. 

I wouldn't buy either.

35 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

If you are asking whether you should buy expensive earbuds or expensive watch, my answer is don't fall for the consumerism meme and save money for the things that truly matter or you truly love.

Lmao I'm just a teenager that wants to spend his savings, also bought a cheap phone so I can get one of these. 

Just now, PacketMan said:

And I used to be a teenager too, and regret every single compulsive purchase I made

I just told you that if you are asking that you don't need neither of them and thus you don't have to nor need to spend so much money on unnecessary stuff.

That's just a suggestion, you can either take it or leave it lol

Heh.  Just because it’s true doesn’t mean it makes sense.  I had an old dad.  He was in his 40s before I was born.  He used to tell me stuff and it didn’t make sense or seemed stupid.  Then I hit 40 and a lot of it suddenly did.  Life age view has a lot to do with communication.  You can tell them that one shiny breakable thing with non removable packet batteries that won’t last 6 months is a stupid thing to spend money on, but it probably just  won’t stick.  Which is why companies make shiny breakable things with non removable packet batteries.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Don't buy this overpriced crap. You can get yourself a quality watch from Police, Fossil, etc. for 200e that's going to last you a lifetime and won't make you look like a nerd. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

If its not a smart watch connected to your phone (which I still don't get, want, or need because I have the phone in my pocket that its connected to that does more) that you need to use for a use case, than its only for a statement and you should ask yourself why making this statement is required in your life (I.E. if you hang with a crowd that judges you by this...when you grow up anything else I type would make sense here but Ill stop).

I ❤️ music.  It is life.  I have 3 sets of headphones in front of me.  There is a huge difference in cheap/affordable headphones, and expensive/quality headphones.  I would not buy something based on a name brand, I would buy the most affordable built correctly headphones/earphones possible based on my research.

I.E. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SkullCandy Crusher headphones, the new ones - I refuse to pay $120+ for these on sale when the internals are the internals - and can be found in similar products for much more affordable price.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

32 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

If its not a smart watch connected to your phone (which I still don't get, want, or need because I have the phone in my pocket that its connected to that does more) that you need to use for a use case, than its only for a statement and you should ask yourself why making this statement is required in your life (I.E. if you hang with a crowd that judges you by this...when you grow up anything else I type would make sense here but Ill stop).

I ❤️ music.  It is life.  I have 3 sets of headphones in front of me.  There is a huge difference in cheap/affordable headphones, and expensive/quality headphones.  I would not buy something based on a name brand, I would buy the most affordable built correctly headphones/earphones possible based on my research.

I.E. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SkullCandy Crusher headphones, the new ones - I refuse to pay $120+ for these on sale when the internals are the internals - and can be found in similar products for much more affordable price.

Thank you for your reply. 

2 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Don't buy this overpriced crap. You can get yourself a quality watch from Police, Fossil, etc. for 200e that's going to last you a lifetime and won't make you look like a nerd. 

Thank you for your reply. 

3 hours ago, PacketMan said:

And I used to be a teenager too, and regret every single compulsive purchase I made

I just told you that if you are asking that you don't need neither of them and thus you don't have to nor need to spend so much money on unnecessary stuff.

That's just a suggestion, you can either take it or leave it lol

Thanks for your reply. 

I still might buy a smart watch myself.  It’s for old man stuff though.  I need a better sleep tracker than I can get out of my phone.  I had hopes for the iwatch11 but it still didn’t have what I needed.

heh. There a lot of “get off my lawn” here.  Some coming from me.  Old people are less concerned with status symbols and we’ve fallen for the marketing trick enough to be unimpressed.  When I wanted to do something like this my dad told me a story about how when he was in school the “thing” was burlap trousers.  He eventually got some.  They were awful.  Scratchiest garment he ever owned.

How about this:  go for the cheaper one.  You’ll learn the same lesson everyone else did but it will cost less.  

Also take a marketing class.  Marketing is straight evil imho, but it’s useful to know about ina “defense against the dark arts” sort of way.  It’s manipulative psychology with the scientific ethics entirely removed.

3 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I'm 23, basically I'm an extended teenager and I still overspend on things I need, like my laptop or my smartphone, but luckily I managed to stop spending on stupid things (a.k.a. recently I was checking the Sony WH-1000XM3, and I don't need a $300 headphones even if I can get them for $200)

But yeah, sometimes you just have to go through the same things as the rest to understand some things the "correct" (at least for us) way

No probs mate, this is a general discussion, we can have any kind of conversation in here

Heh. And when you’re 50 it will start to go the other way.  I underspent on a foundation wall and I’m having all kinds of problems.

I have Galaxy buds and every Samsung Smartwatch (main series) and I enjoy both. Unless you actively use a watch and use it alot for notifications if you are in a meeting or something they are almost useless as they do not do very much. I love the earbuds but I am not a huge audiofile and find them perfectly acceptable for listening to music. They connect native to Samsung devices and the software allows me to customize the sound profile I want. They also can take calls and when you have both in there is a settings for listening to voices so your not disconnected from the world. Everyone's mileage may very but I enjoy both but I use the headset 100% more then the smartwatch. Unless you are a watch person and use alot of notifications and busy to open your phone every minute its a fun toy but very overpriced for a toy.