Which USB stick to choose when it comes to quality and some USB questions?

ko nes ba

Hello,

In a PC store where I want to buy a USB, there are 4 USB manufacturers:

1. ADATA Technology
  2. Apacer
  3. Kingston
  4. SanDisk

Which 1 of these 4 USB to buy when it comes to quality. I'm planning to buy a 64GB and USB 3.0?

And which speed of writing and reading to look for?

Is USB 3.0 and 3.1 the same or not?

Will USB 3.0 achieve the speed that has in itself if I put it in USB 2.0 port or not?

Thanks.

I know of Adata, Kingston and Sandiks. I never heard of "Apacer" also when it comes to USB drives, most of them have same read and writes speeds. USB3 drive plugged into USB2 will work at USB2 speeds. Quality is almost equal between them, pick whatever looks better to you.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, ko nes ba said:

Is USB 3.0 and 3.1 the same or not?

Will USB 3.0 achieve the speed that has in itself if I put it in USB 2.0 port or not?

Thanks.

USB 3.2 Gen1, USB 3.1 Gen1 and USB 3.0 refer to the same standard (5 Gbps)

USB 3.2 Gen2 and USB 3.1 Gen2 are also the same (10 Gbps)

USB 3.2 Gen2x2 is 20 Gbps

As @Levent said, a USB 3.0 device one a 2.0 port will run at 2.0 speeds.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

20 hours ago, Levent said:

I never heard of "Apacer"

I've seen an ad in several of the LTT videos of a dual interface SSD from these guys. Never used an Apacer item though.

I always think usb drive are dumb, when you can get more flexibility with micro sd and adapter

Hi,

I personally have a bunch of Kingstons and some Adatas. Why do you need a USB stick?

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Just now, Mr.Humble said:

Hi,

I personally have a bunch of Kingstons and some Adatas. Why do you need a USB stick?

Hello,

Mostly to transfer personal pictures,videos, and documents from PC to USB. I keep my personal stuff there.

Is Kingstons USB good? What is your comment on them?

21 hours ago, Levent said:

I know of Adata, Kingston and Sandiks. I never heard of "Apacer" also when it comes to USB drives, most of them have same read and writes speeds. USB3 drive plugged into USB2 will work at USB2 speeds. Quality is almost equal between them, pick whatever looks better to you.

Which one of these USB sticks would You recommend to buy, which is better or the best? I'm asking this just to be sure which one to buy?

And will USB 3.1 Gen 1 have the same speed on USB 3.0 port?

Kingston USB 3.0 stick 64GB DT106.png

Kingston USB 3.0 stick 128GB DT106.png

Kingston USB 3.1 stick 64 GB DTEG2.png

Sandisk Cruzer Ultra 3.0 64GB.png