InfinityVive

Is destiny 2 worth playing?

Is it worth it?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth it?

• You will like destiny 2
    • You will hate destiny 2

Posted · Original PosterOP

I really really really (keeps saying really for 15 minutes) hate Paywall games, I also hate these games that at some point doesn't allow you to level up/become better unless you pay money, so tell me...

Is  destiny 2 worth playing? I like the free to play games that actually care about the player instead of their cash like warframe...

I heard you could download it for free for a while. Try it, If you dont like it then too bad. If you like it then fair enough. If you dont try it, its just a wasted opportunity

1 hour ago, InfinityVive said:

I like the free to play games that actually care about the player instead of their cash like warframe...

Whats wrong with Warframe monetization? 🤔

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

While you can buy things in destiny 2 that will in some ways or another boost ur power its not really a huge difffrence between free and bought destiny. Its mostly new campaigns and new weapons, but the base game still got A LOT of cool and interesting things you can do. You also get 2 of the first DLCs free! Curse of Osiris and Warmind, both got great campaigns and loot. I would recommend it. You can still get up to around 950 power (980 is the max, i think) wihtout buying any of the newest DLCs, so in pvp you wont really have a disadvantage either.

You can download it for free, play the full singleplayer campaign, level up to max, PvP, and have access to full basic game content + a few DLCs.  

So yeah, I'd say it's worth it, considering it's an AAA game that costs nothing for all those things (you only have to pay for the newest DLC and Forsaken if you want to have ALL of the content). I spent quite a few hours in it while it was on Blizzard launcher, and I still play PvP occasionally. It's decent for what it is. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Nice Game. Good Mechanics.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Whats wrong with Warframe monetization? 🤔

^^^ It's one of the least annoying ones in any game ever. There isn't a single thing in the game that you can't get without paying. You can trade in-game items to other players for the premium currency, so even stuff locked behind that can be attained without spending a single cent, if you're willing to put in the grind. 

Always try googling your motherboard and looking at the spec sheet and manual - OEMs keep those up for a reason - and maybe you'll learn something 🤔

i7 5820K - NH-L12S - 4.2Ghz/3.4Ghz, 1.2v/1.05v (core/uncore) - 1.9v input voltage - 77C max - EVGA X99 Micro2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SuperSC DDR4 - ~2667Mhz CL16 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - 1TB WD Blue - 120GB HyperX Fury SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro Compute 2.5" HDD - 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2.5" SSHD - Corsair CX550 (2017) - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - 2 stock fans front, random corsair fan rear, all 120mm LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig:

Spoiler

Xeon W3670 - Gammax 400 with an NH-D15S fan

EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way XL-ATX
24GB (3x8) HyperX Fury DDR3 in Red - 1600Mhz CL9 - running 2040Mhz CL10-11-11-31
2x EVGA Classifed GTX 780 in SLI

120GB ADATA SU800 - 2TB WD Barracuda
EVGA 1600W T2
Corsair Air 540

Current project-ey plans:

Spoiler

5960X on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
 1TB 970 Evo, 1TB Crucial MX500
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360mm GTS stealth rad, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s, 2x Noctua NF-A15s

17 hours ago, InfinityVive said:

Is destiny 2 worth playing? I like the free to play games that actually care about the player instead of their cash like warframe...

It's worth it, yes. What makes you think the Warframe devs don't care about the player? I haven't paid a dime and I absolutely love Warframe. One of the best optimized games I own and I praise the Warframe devs for making it free to play. If only every other developer created their game to be played, not paid for.

Destiny 2 is built for the grinding type gamer with friends that are the same way. Can be tough to keep playing if you or your friends are not the type.