Pc turns on but no output on screen

SpecialK90

My computer mysteriously stopped working few days a ago, so I changed everything on my pc from the motherboard to the battery to the cpu, gpu and even the cooler. Could it be my memory is faulty?

i placed one memory at  time to see if my pc would post but still nothing

if the ram is faulty what would best replacement be for Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4, because amazon doesn’t have stock on this

specs

Type Item  
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  
CPU Cooler Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  
Storage Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  
Video Card PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Dragon Video Card  
Case Silverstone SG13 Mini ITX Tower Case  
Power Supply  CORSAIR SF Series, SF450, 450 Watt, SFX, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply

I just ran into something I haven’t seen in a really long time and this is sounding a bit like it. It was a memory channel issue.

possibly stupid question: when you are testing your memory sticks are you putting them in slot 1?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I just ran into something I haven’t seen in a really long time and this is sounding a bit like it. It was a memory channel issue.

possibly stupid question: when you are testing your memory sticks are you putting them in slot 1?

Yes, I tried it one slot

“One slot” as in slot #1?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

“One slot” as in slot #1?

Yes slot 1

Just now, SpecialK90 said:

Yes slot 1

Drat.  That would have been an easy one.  The guy had single channel memory in his last machine and he rebuilt it just like you did but put his memory in slots 3&4 so of course nothing happened because the thing had dual channel memory

Drat.  That would have been an easy one.  The guy had single channel memory in his last machine and he rebuilt it just like you did but put his memory in slots 3&4 so of course nothing happened because the thing had dual channel memory

I have a itx board so only two slots

i literally replaced everything on my pc except for the ram, I really hope that is the problem 

only way to find out is on Thursday when I get new ram

oof

Generally with memory multiple sticks don’t go bad at once.  If none of em work (how many sticks to test btw) it probably isn’t the memory. You were changing only one thing at a time?

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Generally with memory multiple sticks don’t go bad at once.  If none of em work (how many sticks to test btw) it probably isn’t the memory. You were changing only one thing at a time?

Yes one at a time, and still nothing

Could be more than one thing is bad because it was a PSU problem. If a PSU goes it can take all kinds of stuff with it, including both ram sticks.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Could be more than one thing is bad because it was a PSU problem. If a PSU goes it can take all kinds of stuff with it, including both ram sticks.

But that's the thing I bought a new one, because first I thought it was the motherboard or the gpu so I replaced them both, then the power supply 

8 minutes ago, SpecialK90 said:

But that's the thing I bought a new one, because first I thought it was the motherboard or the gpu so I replaced them both, then the power supply 

Just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s good. What kind is it?

1 minute ago, SpecialK90 said:

Its basically the same thing as listed!

“Basically” So a too small PSU by a name brand manufacturer that was factory tested?

“Basically” So a too small PSU by a name brand manufacturer that was factory tested?

Yes it was brand new, and I choose this by a recommendation from this forum.

It was the same specs and all.

Well before this problem the system worked fine for 2 weeks

You were told to run a 3600 and a 5700xt on a 450w PSU?  It’s tolerable I guess. Barely. Tighter than I like.  Possible low power issues.  Not on boot though. Not a diablotek or something either.  Factory tested as known good.  The problem with “basically” is it could mean just a square box with wires sticking out.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You were told to run a 3600 and a 5700xt on a 450w PSU?  It’s tolerable I guess. Barely. Tighter than I like.  Possible low power issues.  Not on boot though. Not a diablotek or something either.  Factory tested as known good.  The problem with “basically” is it could mean just a square box with wires sticking out.

How I know if it factory tested?

Whelp anything is possible.  Try the new ram I guess.  Can’t hurt.  If that still doesn’t work it’s not the hardware.  I’m not sure it’s the hardware now though.  
can you define “mysteriously stopped working” in more detail?

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Whelp anything is possible.  Try the new ram I guess.  Can’t hurt.  If that still doesn’t work it’s not the hardware.  I’m not sure it’s the hardware now though.  
can you define “mysteriously stopped working” in more detail?

So I left my computer on while I was running errands, and I can back, the screen in front if me when black, I thought it went to sleep, so I tried moving my mouse and nothing happened, tried to enable the task manager but still nothing. Eventually I resorted to force shut it down. After that I turned it on and no post

8 minutes ago, SpecialK90 said:

So I left my computer on while I was running errands, and I can back, the screen in front if me when black, I thought it went to sleep, so I tried moving my mouse and nothing happened, tried to enable the task manager but still nothing. Eventually I resorted to force shut it down. After that I turned it on and no post

And it hasn’t posted since I take it.  Power surge?  It’s rare.  You got a UPS or a power strip it was plugged into?  If it was a power surge and you had a power strip/ups it would have had to fry the thing so hard it doesn’t work anymore.  If you got one and it still works no power surge.  If you don’t got one it could have been in which case same problem as a blown UPS but not the fault OF the UPS.

What's a UPS

I doubt it could be a power surge, but that may have fired my ram (can't be anything else since I replaced everything)

Just now, SpecialK90 said:

What's a UPS

I doubt it could be a power surge, but that may have fired my ram (can't be anything else since I replaced everything)

Uninterruptible 

Power

Supply

theyre basically a constantly recharged lead acid battery pack with a power strip and control software.  They often look like gigantically fat power strips.  Useful in areas with old wiring that experience brown outs.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Uninterruptible 

Power

Supply

theyre basically a constantly recharged lead acid battery pack with a power strip and control software.  They often look like gigantically fat power strips.  Useful in areas with old wiring that experience brown outs.

That's a no than don't have one

Should I buy a bigger psu anyways?

Any recommendations other than the current one

12 minutes ago, SpecialK90 said:

That's a no than don't have one

Should I buy a bigger psu anyways?

Any recommendations other than the current one

They’re a lot of trouble.  The batteries eventually go bad and they’re pricey.  It mostly only matters if your hardware can’t take a hard shutdown.

Did you have a power strip though?

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

They’re a lot of trouble.  The batteries eventually go bad and they’re pricey.  It mostly only matters if your hardware can’t take a hard shutdown.

Did you have a power strip though?

Yes I do, but I didn't connect the psu to it, it was direct connect.