Odd Keyboard Needs

Paco22904

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new keyboard and I've got some fairly odd needs. Basically, I have this odd love for chiclet style keyboards. I've used a Corsair Strafe for the last few years and just haven't found my typing speed or comfort to be nearly as close as my laptop (Microsoft Surface Laptop 2). I was just wondering if anyone knew of any nice, wireless keyboards that would be similar to that. There are a few things that aren't needed but I'd prefer: Backlighting (Doesn't have to be RGB, white is good), Numpad, and a wrist rest. I know there are dozens of cheap, wireless keyboards out there but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as far as which would be the best. 

Thanks

Best of the best chicklet keyboard is the Mac keyboard.  They even have white led.  The key layout is different though so you’d either have to play key mapping games or find something “Mac look”.  Logitech was always good for that. They made their bones building Mac peripherals.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Best of the best chicklet keyboard is the Mac keyboard.  They even have white led.  The key layout is different though so you’d either have to play key mapping games or find something “Mac look”.  Logitech was always good for that. They made their bones building Mac peripherals.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, what's different about their layout that would be significant?

4 minutes ago, Paco22904 said:

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, what's different about their layout that would be significant?

The Mac key is the Apple key for one, there’s also something about control and alt.  I forget.  There are special things programmed into bootcamp to make it only mildly annoying.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

The Mac key is the Apple key for one, there’s also something about control and alt.  I forget.  There are special things programmed into bootcamp to make it only mildly annoying.

They swap ctrl and command, replace win key with command.

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

Would would I have to do to get it to work with a Win10 desktop? I'm assuming there's no usb dongle so I'd need Bluetooth. 

Just now, Paco22904 said:

Would would I have to do to get it to work with a Win10 desktop? I'm assuming there's no usb dongle so I'd need Bluetooth. 

Iirc they make wired usb ones. Or they used to. Clearly it’s been a while for me.  My MacBook is a 17” which they stopped even making and it hasn’t been out of its bag in years.

9 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Do you know if I would be able to get a usb-a to usb-a cable and plug that in instead of the usb-a to lightning to avoid needing bluetooth?

@Paco22904

ran into this article. Didn’t read it.  Might help.

https://www.binarytides.com/best-chiclet-keyboards/

HP Collaboration/Elite V2. Not a chicklet but a scissor switch. BTW, dont confuse a chicklet with scissor switches: 

Chicklets use tougher domes because there is less support for the keys. Always found with any chicklet them being much much mushier. 

Scissor switches use lighter domes, thus faster and less press weight. 

52 minutes ago, PriitM said:

HP Collaboration/Elite V2. Not a chicklet but a scissor switch. BTW, dont confuse a chicklet with scissor switches: 

Chicklets use tougher domes because there is less support for the keys. Always found with any chicklet them being much much mushier. 

Scissor switches use lighter domes, thus faster and less press weight. 

The issue was cap style rather than switch. You have a point though.  I very much doubt he want an actual single dome keyboard to type on.  The Apple keyboards are a modified scissor.  A lot of the others will be scissor.