Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Excepsi

Getting lower fps than intended Please help!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have been getting lower fps on games. Like on CSGO im getting 150 fps on low settings same with league of Legends. My current build is a Ryzen 2600x x470 gigabye ultra gaming mother board 16gb 3000mhz of ram and a rtx 2060. I have already updated everything I even did a clean install of windows. If any one could help I would appreciate it.

20191202_021808.jpg


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites

try bumping ur settings up to high and see if you get higher fps. the game resolution may be bottlenecking your fast hardware, especially in very light games like csgo. your gpu sits at 38% usage and for your cpu, im guessing probably lower.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Fefty_ said:

try bumping ur settings up to high and see if you get higher fps. the game resolution may be bottlenecking your fast hardware, especially in very light games like csgo. your gpu sits at 38% usage and for your cpu, im guessing probably lower.

No. Still low fps. :(


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excepsi said:

No. Still low fps. :(

well it dosen't look like there a problem with your hardware.. maybe try reinstalling the game? cuz some game files might be corrupted and such. also, download malwarebytes and malwarebyte adware cleaner and let them both scan your device. you my not know it but there is a possibility some hidden adware/virus is using up your performance and bandwidth. i didn't think i had any, but when i scanned it, it detected 5 PUP adware files...i then noticed a fps boost and lower ping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Fefty_ said:

well it dosen't look like there a problem with your hardware.. maybe try reinstalling the game? cuz some game files might be corrupted and such. also, download malwarebytes and malwarebyte adware cleaner and let them both scan your device. you my not know it but there is a possibility some hidden adware/virus is using up your performance and bandwidth. i didn't think i had any, but when i scanned it, it detected 5 PUP adware files...i then noticed a fps boost and lower ping. 

Was just doing that and nope. Nothing showed up my computer is clean.


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Fefty_ said:

what fps do you normally get

I normally got around 260+

 


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Fefty_ said:

and is your gpu usage normaly higher than what you have now?

I do not remember I used to not check it.


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok this may sound weird but here is 2 things you can give it a shot at.

 

1) put your graphics card in another pcie express slot

 

2) if it #1 doesn't make a difference, install some older graphics drivers, from a time when you got 200+ fps

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Fefty_ said:

ok this may sound weird but here is 2 things you can give it a shot at.

 

1) put your graphics card in another pcie express slot

 

2) if it #1 doesn't make a difference, install some older graphics drivers, from a time when you got 200+ fps

But my motherbard only has 1 x16 slot


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, Fefty_ said:

the try step 2

Nope no luck


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites

well its down to a couple main reasons.

 

there may be a defect in your gpu or motherboard (maybe the pcie slots)

 

or

 

there is a software bug thats related to your games or drivers (bios, chipset, graphics etc.) remember that the newest version may not be the best, try older ones. i would recommend downloading another game and searching your cpu and gpu that has benchmarks of that game to see if your performance matches the guy on youtube

 

if nothing works then im afraid i do not know how to solve it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Fefty_ said:

well its down to a couple main reasons.

 

there may be a defect in your gpu or motherboard (maybe the pcie slots)

 

or

 

there is a software bug thats related to your games or drivers (bios, chipset, graphics etc.) remember that the newest version may not be the best, try older ones. i would recommend downloading another game and searching your cpu and gpu that has benchmarks of that game to see if your performance matches the guy on youtube

 

if nothing works then im afraid i do not know how to solve it

On benchmarks like msi kombuster and test for cpu's they do fine they do above avreage but it is just games that get affected for some reason


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, Fefty_ said:

well then it is most likely related to the game. was there any big updates recently?

Okay so i was getting high temps and when I went to change the thermal paste the cpu came with the cooler. Is that bad?


PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RTX 2060 XC Ultra

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2400

MotherBoard: Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming

PSU; EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

COOLER: Noctua nh-u14s

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×