How accurate are PSU calculators?

IndioBravo
Just now, Pablo Molina said:

@Fasauceome got it!

I just got through the tier list. Will a B+ do me good?

yes indeed, a B+ unit is quality. Don't exclude higher tier units from your search though, you may find some higher tier units for cheap like a Btifenix formula gold.

even B tier units should be largely alright, my roommate uses a CX550M for his R9 fury

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

yes indeed, a B+ unit is quality. Don't exclude higher tier units from your search though, you may find some higher tier units for cheap like a Btifenix formula gold.

even B tier units should be largely alright, my roommate uses a CX550M for his R9 fury

Excelent! Then I´ll start my search for a nicely priced one!

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Can I overkill on Wattage? For example, the Corsair RM750. Or Corsair RM650x.

14 minutes ago, Pablo Molina said:

Can I overkill on Wattage? For example, the Corsair RM750. Or Corsair RM650x.

buying a PSU of a really high wattage doesn't have any huge drawbacks aside from the price, but if you catch one on sale it's solid. The RMX is great but the RM is outclassed by the TXM

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

buying a PSU of a really high wattage doesn't have any huge drawbacks aside from the price, but if you catch one on sale it's solid. The RMX is great but the RM is outclassed by the TXM

I found the RM650x on $130 on local market.

The RM750 on $140.

I can´t even find the TXM.

I guess I´ll just go for the RM650X since I´m not gonna need more than that power and the RMx is better than the RM non x.

1 minute ago, Pablo Molina said:

I guess I´ll just go for the RM650X since I´m not gonna need more than that power and the RMx is better than the RM non x.

good choice

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

good choice

Thanks for your help!