Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aliairstinger

How to record movie clips with OBS

Posted · Original PosterOP

So, I have to make a horror film trailer for class from a existing animated film and I want to record some clips of the movie, but every time I do, the movie doesn't show in the recording, only a black screen. Is there anyway to bypass this?

If you're trying to record a movie from Netflix, keep in mind they thought of people doing this.

If you screen record Netflix (or screenshot it), it will show a black screen (it will still show the subtitles though).

You're gonna have to get the movie in a legal way (preferably in an easy to rip way, like a downloadable DRM free file or disc version you can rip (so likely not Blu-ray)) and use the footage that way.

Of course only under the whole "Fair use for education use" part.

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Posted · Original PosterOP
27 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Display capture? 

And why OBS? Just use Handbrake to cut out the parts you need. 

26 minutes ago, Zagna said:

You could just edit the video instead? Try Shotcut.

18 minutes ago, minibois said:

If you're trying to record a movie from Netflix, keep in mind they thought of people doing this.

If you screen record Netflix (or screenshot it), it will show a black screen (it will still show the subtitles though).

You're gonna have to get the movie in a legal way (preferably in an easy to rip way, like a downloadable DRM free file or disc version you can rip (so likely not Blu-ray)) and use the footage that way.

Of course only under the whole "Fair use for education use" part.

The film I'm trying to get footage of is Bilal: A New Breed of Hero, which I bought from the Google Play Store so I could watch it on my phone.