Why is this happening?

Acursianlord
Go to solution Solved by Acursianlord,
On 12/5/2019 at 7:08 AM, Envit0 said:

Indeed, the temps look completely wrong. Seem's to be like the power is not delivered/limited to CPU. Did you try to uplung the power cables to motherboard? Re-plug etc.? Are there mobo settings for like lower power mode or something like that? Otherwise, I suggest to do clean windows install, install only the GPU drivers, hwmonitor and test then. Seems like either some software/bios or whatever is on like "eco" mode interferring and limiting the power delivered.. ://

Doing a clean Windows install fixed the issue. Thanks for the help.

GPU: RTX 2070

CPU: i7 9700k

RAM: Corsair V-RGB Pro DDR4 16 GB @ 3000MHZ

MOBO: Prime 7370-A II

PSU: Corsair CX750M

OC: Windows 10

The GPU jumps between 30 & 40% usage with the occasional spite around 80% causing frame dips & stuttering. Mostly in DS3 & Code Vein while The Witcher 3, MH: World & Middle Earth: SOW stay at 60 fps at  1080p. Any ideas?

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (7).png

2 hours ago, Juular said:

Do you have SSD ?

Yes but my graphic drivers is on a hdd. 

Take a screenshots of entire HWiNFO sensors tab please after a few minutes of gaming with game in background.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1st thing I see you have power limit on stock, increase that. Second, just by looking at your desktop apps: at least 2 GPU software that can intervene, 3 disk cleaners??, 2 anti-virus softwares can say that you need to clean ur pc up or any of these could have god knows what effect on performance. And in the meantime, check your CPU usage while in-game, idle etc.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:59 PM, Juular said:

Take a screenshots of entire HWiNFO sensors tab please after a few minutes of gaming with game in background.

After 20 or so minutes.

Screenshot (13).png

On 12/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, Envit0 said:

1st thing I see you have power limit on stock, increase that. Second, just by looking at your desktop apps: at least 2 GPU software that can intervene, 3 disk cleaners??, 2 anti-virus softwares can say that you need to clean ur pc up or any of these could have god knows what effect on performance. And in the meantime, check your CPU usage while in-game, idle etc.

This is idle after deleting some unneeded programs. The screenshot above shows in game temps.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (10).png

3 hours ago, Acursianlord said:

After 20 or so minutes.

I was looking more for CPU & GPU frequencies (and power limited) to see if they're not throttling down but CPU should be fine probably, if you didn't lower target temperature accidentally since, 40°C seems a bit low for gaming thermals. What cooling system do you have ? Look in BIOS if you didn't indeed set CPU target temperature to lower than 80-100°C. Also, do you have MSI Afterburner or some other GPU OC'ing software ? Reset the GPU OC too.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 hours ago, Juular said:

I was looking more for CPU & GPU frequencies (and power limited) to see if they're not throttling down but CPU should be fine probably, if you didn't lower target temperature accidentally since, 40°C seems a bit low for gaming thermals. What cooling system do you have ? Look in BIOS if you didn't indeed set CPU target temperature to lower than 80-100°C. Also, do you have MSI Afterburner or some other GPU OC'ing software ? Reset the GPU OC too.

Indeed, the temps look completely wrong. Seem's to be like the power is not delivered/limited to CPU. Did you try to uplung the power cables to motherboard? Re-plug etc.? Are there mobo settings for like lower power mode or something like that? Otherwise, I suggest to do clean windows install, install only the GPU drivers, hwmonitor and test then. Seems like either some software/bios or whatever is on like "eco" mode interferring and limiting the power delivered.. ://

On 12/5/2019 at 7:08 AM, Envit0 said:

Doing a clean Windows install fixed the issue. Thanks for the help.

Thank goodness you had all that cleaning software to avoid a situation like this!   ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity