How to diagnose my computer problem?

Veetz

So, I have a 3 year old computer I built myself, and for about the last 6 months i'm having some problems, and what really grinds my gears is that i have no idea how to diagnose the problem itself and what I need to do to solve it.

When and only i'm playing CS:GO and Destiny 2, at max graphics, in the middle of the game, my pc just crash, without any message or lag. Then, it proceed to reestart without any message neither. At windows logs I can see that is a Kernel 42 event.
I've looked up some ways to solve it without changing my hardware but so far no succes.
Here's my setup:
Motherboard ASRock LGA 1151 mATX H110m-HG4
Processor i5-7400
SSD Kingston 240Gb
PSU EVGA 500W 80 plus White
2x4Gb HyperX Fury 2133MHz

Galax GTX 1070 EX

Any ideas? I'm leaning toward some PSU problems, but wanted to assure that this is the problem.
I'm Brazilian, so sorry for any mistakes.

Bye!

5 minutes ago, Veetz said:

So, I have a 3 year old computer I built myself, and for about the last 6 months i'm having some problems, and what really grinds my gears is that i have no idea how to diagnose the problem itself and what I need to do to solve it.

When and only i'm playing CS:GO and Destiny 2, at max graphics, in the middle of the game, my pc just crash, without any message or lag. Then, it proceed to reestart without any message neither. At windows logs I can see that is a Kernel 42 event.
I've looked up some ways to solve it without changing my hardware but so far no succes.
Here's my setup:
Motherboard ASRock LGA 1151 mATX H110m-HG4
Processor i5-7400
SSD Kingston 240Gb
PSU EVGA 500W 80 plus White
2x4Gb HyperX Fury 2133MHz

Galax GTX 1070 EX

Any ideas? I'm leaning toward some PSU problems, but wanted to assure that this is the problem.
I'm Brazilian, so sorry for any mistakes.

Bye!

your hardware seems fine. You said something about the PSU? I wouldn't think so. I would first try reinstalling the drivers and then using your computer for a while. If problems persist then you should probably just fresh install windows

Pumas.EXE has stopped responding...

• CPU
    RYZEN 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    ASROCK B450 PRO 4
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
  • GPU
    PowerColor RX 5700
  • Case
    Corsair Carbide 275r
  • Storage
    intel 660p 512 GB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec PS650BSM

11 minutes ago, Veetz said:

So, I have a 3 year old computer I built myself, and for about the last 6 months i'm having some problems, and what really grinds my gears is that i have no idea how t

Did you try reinstalling windows?

Set your GPU power target to 50% so there's less stress on the PSU when running games.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Forgot to say something, there's a way that the game don't crash, is by lowering the Priority of the process, but i have no idea why

1 minute ago, Veetz said:

Forgot to say something, there's a way that the game don't crash, is by lowering the Priority of the process, but i have no idea why

Either a windows issue, or for some reason putting less stress on your CPU works

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

Either a windows issue, or for some reason putting less stress on your CPU works

Already tried to reinstall my GPU drivers, but without succes, but no with DDU. Other thing that i never did is updating the BIOS, not sure if it's safe to do that