Choosing the right cooler for r5 3600

My build is Define C with 2x LPX Black and Tomahawk Max, I don't want to overspend and it's more than likely that I'm going to leave the CPU for now and perhaps try to overclock when neccesary. 
The Noctua NH-D15 is what my eye is drawn to but I feel like it might be overkill to go for that big of a cooler, but please do correct me if I'm wrong!

Best regards, 
Chauska

You'll be good even with Deepcool Gammax 400 \ Arctic eSports 34 \ be quiet! Pure Rock \ CM Hyper 212 EVO \ Black, no need for 1kg heatsink on 80W PSU.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Have you tried using the stock cooler first? You can just replace it later if you're not satisfied. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have, and the temps are hovering in the high 50's on idle, I don't know if that's normal or not. 

58 minutes ago, Chauska said:

I have, and the temps are hovering in the high 50's on idle, I don't know if that's normal or not. 

It is, anything sub 80° C under load is normal.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks and ordering from aliexpress you could save some cash, i never go over 75C stock, with personal overclock 71C (1.325V 4175mhz all-core runs cooler for me, and scores 6-8% higher in various cpu benchmarks over stock)

If you just want it now the TLDR of this is Hyper 212 Evo or Deepcool Gammaxx is fine

Im sure you wouldnt regret owning a D15 but you really don't need one with a 3600 even if overclocked, if you are destined to spend that much also check out Dark Rock Pro4, it eclipses the Noctua in noise and thermals in some tests ive seen, same or better price. Also you can refer to it as your BBC, Big Black Cooler.