Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt.Mak

Should I? Ryzen 1600 to 3600?

Posted · Original PosterOP

My current build has a Ryzen 1600 that I got when it was released, paired with a GTX 1070 Ti.

I play First person shooters; CSGO, Apex legends etc.

I really don't care for high graphics and have most games on Low settings to get high fps.

For CSGO I get 220fps+, Issue is Apex legends I have lowered the game settings way down and still get 110fps~ and can't hit my monitors 144hz.

I know I will get more fps but I wanna know how much.. Is it enough I won't need an upgrade for a few years?

I also wanted to stream but 1600 couldn't handle 1280x720res @3600Kbps.

I apologize if this post was worded weirdly my current time is 4:20 so :).

Thanks,

Mak.

It should be a noticeable upgrade, especially if you have good motherboard that can overclock 3600.

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Gigabyte RTX2080 Aorus Extreme / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

It should be a noticeable upgrade, especially if you have good motherboard that can overclock 3600.

I have a b450 ASUS prime some letter.

Yea I tried OC'ing the 1600.. all I got was 3.8Ghz... 

I will try to find if my GPU has good amount of power not used because of the CPU

1 minute ago, Sgt.Mak said:

I have a b450 ASUS prime some letter.

Yea I tried OC'ing the 1600.. all I got was 3.8Ghz... 

I will try to find if my GPU has good amount of power not used because of the CPU

If you're playing CSGO and Apex on low settings with 1070ti, I can guarantee you that it stays around 60-70% load max.

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Gigabyte RTX2080 Aorus Extreme / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

If you're playing CSGO and Apex on low settings with 1070ti, I can guarantee you that it stays around 60-70% load max.

Yep, And I will get the upgrade. 

Just saw some benchmarks my card has like 35fps+ more to give.