creating a front IO from scratch

Snow306

so I've got this as a case and the switches at the bottom are too bulky and won't fit with the mobo in so i want to put usb in the holes. But i can't find what I'm looking for.

Sony TA-3650 - Manual - Stereo Integrated Amplifier - HiFi ...

i need something like this but with the usbs separate from one another 

StarTech.com USBPLATE4 4 Port USB A Female Slot Plate Adapter - USB panel - 4 pin USB Type A (F)

also open to ideas for uses for the other switches as i would like this to look as stealthy as possible.

wow ive been digging through best buy/new egg for hours trying to find something thanks so much.

3 minutes ago, Snow306 said:

wow ive been digging through best buy/new egg for hours trying to find something thanks so much.

you can find cheaper if you just look around on ebay or aliexpress i just posted that to show you what you kinda looking for.

ya there was i time i spent hours looking up panel mount connector and finding the cheap as i can... i was going to attach them to pci slot covers as i wanted to mount a secont mb in my pc case and it need an io.... but didnt go that way (i should have save me a hell of alot of money......)

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I made my plywood case with individual front I/O USB holes, but USB 3.0 front I/O hubs are usually one single piece, not to mention the mobo connector. So, there the holes sit...not filled with a female USB port...because im too much of a wuzz to solder USB 3.0 connectors...

yeah i already had to do some soldering on the power button but it turned out pretty good. wish it was sitting a little more flush with the case but it looks okay for now. Still looking for ideas for the switches though was thinking maybe case fan controllers but im not sure ill also have to see how much space i have.

12 hours ago, PriitM said:

I made my plywood case with individual front I/O USB holes, but USB 3.0 front I/O hubs are usually one single piece, not to mention the mobo connector. So, there the holes sit...not filled with a female USB port...because im too much of a wuzz to solder USB 3.0 connectors...

you can get single piece usb 3.0 just as easy and 2.0... but your mb 3.0 connector can only do 2 thow as far as i no so you would have to get a pcie card if you wanted more.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you can get single piece usb 3.0 just as easy and 2.0... but your mb 3.0 connector can only do 2 thow as far as i no so you would have to get a pcie card if you wanted more.

Yes, you can get individual USB 3.0 female sockets, but 3.0 uses 9 wires compared to 4 on USB 2.0. And Type-C uses 17... try solderin them on a tiny socket...

33 minutes ago, PriitM said:

Yes, you can get individual USB 3.0 female sockets, but 3.0 uses 9 wires compared to 4 on USB 2.0. And Type-C uses 17... try solderin them on a tiny socket...

signal usb 3.0

signal usb 3.0 no box

blue usb 3.0

usb 3.0 adaptor

usb 3.0 standerd singal

usb 3.0 pci

i don't under stand have you even look it up?

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

Yes, I know these exist, but imagine you dont want mounting screw heads on your front panel. That means inserting sockets from the front. And if the connector is bigger than the mounting hole, you must solder. Thats what im saying. 

10 hours ago, PriitM said:

Yes, I know these exist, but imagine you dont want mounting screw heads on your front panel. That means inserting sockets from the front. And if the connector is bigger than the mounting hole, you must solder. Thats what im saying. 

don't have to drill holes to mount just make it flush with the front and glue it. we don't no if it will fit that's not are problem.

dont know that anyone cares about it but ill be buying up some schiit audio equipment and running a dac in the case as well this will cover all the switches and knobs. some soldering required. once thats installed im going to try and fit a water cooling loop in it with a slim rad and bykski water blocks and pumps. (for anyone who was wanting to know where the rest of it was going.