£200 Oculus CV1 or £125 Windows MR?

VoRMkI

I found two listings if given the choice which would you chose?

The Oculus has 3 sensors

Depends really. The Oculus Rift has better tracking, more ergonomic controllers, has earphones built-in and has a lower resolution.

Depending on the model of the WMR (judging by price it's either an HP or Acer. If it's a Samsung, then it's a great deal), it may or may not have built-in earphones, all models have a higher resolution and has trouble with tracking (from my experience).

If you are using it for just a sit-down/standing still experience, the WMR might be better. If you want a room-scale VR experience, get the Rift. I've had a better experience with the Rift (I returned it though since I liked the Vive better, but the Vive controllers aren't great either) than with WMR. I couldn't get the tracking right with WMR but it might've been it being the Acer model and not the Samsung (which is the only WMR still in production).

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

4 hours ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Depends really. The Oculus Rift has better tracking, more ergonomic controllers, has earphones built-in and has a lower resolution.

Depending on the model of the WMR (judging by price it's either an HP or Acer. If it's a Samsung, then it's a great deal), it may or may not have built-in earphones, all models have a higher resolution and has trouble with tracking (from my experience).

If you are using it for just a sit-down/standing still experience, the WMR might be better. If you want a room-scale VR experience, get the Rift. I've had a better experience with the Rift (I returned it though since I liked the Vive better, but the Vive controllers aren't great either) than with WMR. I couldn't get the tracking right with WMR but it might've been it being the Acer model and not the Samsung (which is the only WMR still in production).

Thanks this was really helpful, I will be doing reoom scale stuff and moving around and although I have the horsepower to run the extra resolution saying my favourate game at the moment is doom o.g. and I usd a cry up until 2015 I should be OK with 2/3rds of the rez.