Need cooler for the I5 9600K

Mchedlo

Hello mates! 

Just bought i5 9600k (like 1 hour ago). Need a cpu cooler (no liquid coolers)!

My pc case supports maximum 160mm. Wanted to buy deepcool cooler but unfortunately its 162mm. Looking for a low profile cooler in 30$ range. I came across Arctic Alpine 12. Looks like stock cooler of intel. Is it good? Any other suggestions?

P.S i also thought about hyper 212 evo. Its 159mm and my case maximum is 160mm. This kind of tight squeeze might be an issue with temps no?

Why low profile? Larger coolers tend to perform better. 

What features are you looking for in a cooler and what ram are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

A case that specifies 160mm of clearance should fit coolers listed at 160mm in height. The cooler being close to the side panel is fine. 

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why low profile? Larger coolers tend to perform better. 

What features are you looking for in a cooler and what ram are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

A case that specifies 160mm of clearance should fit coolers listed at 160mm in height. The cooler being close to the side panel is fine. 

Moved to Air Cooling.

I thought that if the cooler is close to a side panel it might cause an issue. Im not planning to overclock (i bought this cpu because it was on sale. I have unopened i5 9400f next to me :D ) Ram: g.skill ripjaws V. My budget is 20-30$

1 hour ago, Mchedlo said:

I thought that if the cooler is close to a side panel it might cause an issue. Im not planning to overclock (i bought this cpu because it was on sale. I have unopened i5 9400f next to me :D ) Ram: g.skill ripjaws V. My budget is 20-30$

So are you not oc'ing? What motherboard do you have?

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

So are you not oc'ing? What motherboard do you have?

Where are you shopping / located?

Im not :) ASrock B365M-pro4.

Amazon or newegg

5 hours ago, Mchedlo said:

Amazon or newegg

Both sites ship internationally. Which country?

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Both sites ship internationally. Which country?

Georgia (not in US). I dont have problems with shipping :)