Help Needed with optimising Home Network

Greetings all, this is going to be a quite a long one, so bare with me.

Firstly, I have just had a large "man cave / studio" built in the back garden, with a dedicated wall ethernet port like you would see in offices. This goes straight through to the router in the house about 8-10m total cable length.

The router in the house is situated as center as possible, and has ethernet ports running to my BEDROOM upstairs, and my brother's BEDROOM as well. So 3 ports in total are occupied on the router. (1 or 2 spare)

Out my studio, I connected all devices via ethernet, my Smart TV, and my PS4 using a network switch, but due to the Wi-Fi signal being weak out there due to thick walls (insulated heavily), I bought a TP-Link Travel Router which i was advised would be a smarter option over buying a seperate router.

So the way i set it up was the Network switch would be plugged directly into the Wall Ethernet, which then had the ps4, smart tv and the TP-Link router (Set up as an access point) in it.

HOWEVER, since setting this up, the main house network has been absolutely ghastly, like things will not load at all, even on my ethernet connected PC, same for my brother. yet on my dedicated SSID Wifi channels and ethernet connected devices in the studio, everything is hunky dory and fine, getting the max speeds expected with said device.

Is it possible I have wired something up incorrectly, or am i doing this in an inefficient manner thus affecting the main Wifi-channels in the house.

Bandwith shouldn't be a factor as we have the fasted Virgin Media bundle on offer, with 300mbps Download (however more like 200) and 20 upload consistent.

Ive also attached a shitty diagram of the setup, which will likely confuse things more than help

TL;DR - Since adding an access point outside with seperate wifi SSIDs, the main SSIDs inside the house, and wired connections in the house have suffered with massive loss of speed. have i set it up wrong?

HELP.png

It kinda sounds like a config error, could you run ipconfig on a computer in both the house and studio?