Is Redragon still good?

murph0981

I have been looking into a new mouse because the lights inside my Cyberpower mouse died, and I can’t tell my dpi because normally the color would change for DPI. Is Redragon any good? (My budget is $35)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Kernal Sanders
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer specs: i7 8700, GTX 1650 OC 4GB, 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM, Asus B360M-A Motherboard, Acer GN246HL Monitor.
Hardware: Razer Blackwidow V3, Razer Deathadder essential, Kraken Tournament Edition Headset.

Benchmark link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as a Chinese knockoff company goes, they're not half bad IIRC. I've owned a couple of their keyboards and hated the green switches, but that was my only complaint. Haven't used their mice before.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

LTT did a video some time ago. There might be better options at this point, but it's a good start:

I have the Redragon M901 (it's an MMO mouse) and it's pretty good for the $30 I bought it for. Lasted 2 years right now with no problems yet. The software that goes with it is ok, nothing too fancy. Not sure about the other models, but you can set the DPI for each mode and it will change colors with each profile.

So for it's price, the Redragon mice are nice.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

If you care about dpi, lonewolf2 has dpi 32,000, which is off the charts. To give u an idea, the lg lineup is max 12,000dpi. So if u care about that redragon wins. I guess that with large hi def monitors running 144fps, dpi makes a big difference. ltt should test this.

Edited by dontstopbuildingpcs

For 35$ the best two mice you can buy are a Logitech G203 (has different name in some markets, called 203 in North America) and Corsair Harpoon.  They are both 95% of mice 2-3x their price and really good eitherway.

Only real difference is shape, the G203 is more natural shape better for medium hands and palmsy fingertippy grips, if you have bigger hands or claw grip Corsair Harpoon might be more your thing.

15 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

For 35$ the best two mice you can buy are a Logitech G203 (has different name in some markets, called 203 in North America) and Corsair Harpoon.

I would say the harpoon isn't good at all it's well built but, it's small and the sensor is bad and prone to spin out. I'd go for a g403 or rival 310 (but them renewed if you have to) both have great sensors. If you don't want renewed the g203 like Otto_iii said is a great  option for the price.

I hate to say it, but I am a Redragon fanboy. If you need any budget peripherals, I always suggest them. I use there half keyboard, the k585, and I love it. I use to use the m801 mouse, and I really liked it. The only issue with their mice is the sensors are laser instead of optical. But they are a very good starter mouse. I am looking into getting a TKL of their's just so that I have a full keyboard.

18 minutes ago, SaltyBoi said:

I hate to say it, but I am a Redragon fanboy. If you need any budget peripherals, I always suggest them. I use there half keyboard, the k585, and I love it. I use to use the m801 mouse, and I really liked it. The only issue with their mice is the sensors are laser instead of optical. But they are a very good starter mouse. I am looking into getting a TKL of their's just so that I have a full keyboard.

I looked into it more.  It appears they make a properly good mouse within their budget. 

Yes most of them have pretty poop sensors, but the Redragon M711-FPS with a 3360 looks good, that sensor is basically top tier

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F154NXQ/ref=emc_b_5_i

only issue here would be if it didnt fit their hand, if they have small or medium-small hands it might be a hint too large, but its not so large it should be unusable for anybody, fairly safe size and shape from appearances,

If one wants to be a red dragon fanboy, this mouse looks to actually be good

Spoiler

71BKkRl2QvL._SL1500_.jpg

If you get this, hand fits reasonably well for you, and you set it to 800dpi as 3360 sensors find best accuracy/consistency there (from the few scientific tests ive seen) then you basically have a top tier mouse for 30$, just a little heavier, and maybe not the size/shape which people can get so picky and personal about. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, John_Trollinski said:

Red dragon is what I see in tj max. Its for the moms and dads that don't understand tech to buy for the child to play the fortnites on a laptop they bought from there other favorite store wallmart.

"Tj max is the maximum allowable temp for a processor's internal cores, if you reach Tj maxthe processor's THERMTRIP# signal will activate shutdown to prevent damage to the processor. "

Google

Nobody likes baloney advice.  The junk is alright. Nobody cares about where your mom buys stuff.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, Otto_iii said:

Yes most of them have pretty poop sensors, but the Redragon M711-FPS with a 3360 looks good, that sensor is basically top tier

Oh wow, I honestly had no idea that they used an optical sensor in any of there mice. I just really love there keyboards. If I didnt just buy a mouse, I woulda got this guy, darn. But also thanks for the info.