Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheoKondak

CS:GO Lag spikes - Rubberbanding - Teleportation

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have this problem. When I play CS:GO sometimes, in some games I get this weird rubber banding which seems like packet loss or network lag in general, but the in game data indicates that neither is true. Packet Loss is stuck to 0 and ping is around 20-30ms.

 

My pc is brand new( 2 months old or so):
CPU AMD 3700x

GPU Gigabyte 5700xt (19.3.3 drivers)

Mobo Asus Tuff x570 Wifi (AGESA 1.0.0.4)

Windows 10 Pro build 18362

 

I play via cable and my connection is 100/10mbps and latency in general is low. When the rubber banding occurs I have no app exchanging data in the background and network traffic is generally low. In game i get 350-400fps so I limited it to 180 (CS:GO command fps_max) since my monitor is 60hz.

 

Also, my PSU needs replacement, and it is causing some GPU related issues, because the motherboard cable connection is a bit loose, or because my PSU is too old and sometimes might struggle providing for the GPU, my monitors turn off, or my PC just restarts.

 

I think thought that the rubber banding is a network related issue.


Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unstable power delivery can cause all sorts of strange shit, don't really know if it can cause smth like that, since if it indeed affects the network card so it loses packets it still would appear in software as so. But getting a new PSU would be my first call since you already know that it's faulty. Also, be sure to get smth serious, that GPU will appreciate it. Be sure to check that thread to pick a new one. What PSU do you have currently i'm curious ?


Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Juular said:

Unstable power delivery can cause all sorts of strange shit, don't really know if it can cause smth like that, since if it indeed affects the network card so it loses packets it still would appear in software as so. But getting a new PSU would be my first call since you already know that it's faulty. Also, be sure to get smth serious, that GPU will appreciate it. Be sure to check that thread to pick a new one. What PSU do you have currently i'm curious ?

The issues begun like 15 days ago, with the reboots, monitor loss etc. I found that if i replug the mobo cable, the issue is fixed for a while. Now I didn't have any reboots for the last 3-4 days, but I get this rubber banding thingy.. 

 

The PSU I've ordered is the BitFenix Whisper M 80 PLUS Gold Netzteil, modular - 850 Watt. I found it around 80 Euros during Black Friday.


Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

The PSU I've ordered is the BitFenix Whisper M 80 PLUS Gold Netzteil, modular - 850 Watt. I found it around 80 Euros during Black Friday.

You mean, that's a new PSU you want to replace your current one with ? In that case it's a very good unit. Or it's the current one that's supposedly faulty ? In that case, i recommend you to RMA it, they have pretty good warranty (if it's indeed a PSU issue).


Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Juular said:

You mean, that's a new PSU you want to replace your current one with ? In that case it's a very good unit. Or it's the current one that's supposedly faulty ? In that case, i recommend you to RMA it, they have pretty good warranty (if it's indeed a PSU issue).

Ye, the BitFenix is the one I've ordered, my old one is a Corsair CX600, but it has been full of problems.


Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

my old one is a Corsair CX600, but it has been full of problems.

Like, really old one, with green letters on the label ? Yeah, it's not good, for this GPU at least, so it might emit too much ripple and the whole PC is unstable because of that.


Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Juular said:

Like, really old one, with green letters on the label ? Yeah, it's not good, for this GPU at least, so it might emit too much ripple and the whole PC is unstable because of that.

Yep, that one, it's at least 5 years old now, and had problems with it since day one, from broken SATA cable connectors to extreme fan noise and outage issues. I just hope it is something PSU related, even though it doesn't look like it.

 

I suspect, that for some reason when my girlfriend watches some youtube video on her laptop, I get these lagspikes. So I even think it's my router.


Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheoKondak said:

I suspect, that for some reason when my girlfriend watches some youtube video on her laptop, I get these lagspikes. So I even think it's my router.

Now that you mention it, that quite the possibility too.


Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Now that you mention it, that quite the possibility too.

Well ye happened to me in the past, but it is seemingly random. The best think that comes into my mind to fix it is to factory default my router. Other than that my hands are pretty much tied because my router has almost no settings for me as a user. I will probably have to contact the ISP tomorrow.


Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Well I found what was wrong. For some reason, the Wifi on my motherboard got enabled, so I was connected to the house Wifi, and thus having this hysterical lagspikes. Now I m back on cable and everything is fixed.


Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×