Help getting the most out of my Samsung Q80 QLED and Q90R soundbar

Hi everyone,

I have a Q80 65inch QLED TV connected to my Q90 soundbar via HDMI 3 (ARC) which is connected to my Xbox One S connected to the soundbar's HDMI 1 port.

I use my Xbox purely for watching 4K HDR blurays and am trying to get the most out of my tv and soundbar.

Whenever I have my Xbox plugged into my soundbar everything shits the bed. The tv and soundbar start to freeze up and after a moment the tv goes black and I fail to get a signal from the Xbox though I can still hear the Xbox making sounds when I use the remote. 

I would just plug the Xbox into the tv's HDMI port but the picture quality and sound (atmos) don't looks as good/don't work.

Can anyone help me fix this up. Have I got something connected wrong? Is it a settings issue on the tv or Xbox ? When the Xbox is briefly working plugged into the soundbar I use bitstream out on the Xbox for sound and I have the input signal plus option turned on for the HDMI 3 (ARC) soundbar input in the tv settings. 

My apologies for the long winded post. I'm just fed up trying to make this work and want to give you all as much information as I can to help diagnose the problems.

Thankyou all so much in advance for any help you can offer :)