2080 Super MSI Ventus XS OC waterblock - is it reference design?

Pyrock

So i am looking at getting a 2080 Super MSI Ventus XS OC and putting a waterblock on it, but i cant seem to find any information on if it is a reference pcb design or not, and what waterblock to get for it.
I have been through the EKWB compatibility configurator and they dont have the card on it.
Anyone know if this is a reference design or not? - and if so, i should be able to just buy a 2080 reference design waterblock to put on it without issue? (as the 2080 super pcb design is the same as 2080)

5 minutes ago, Pyrock said:

So i am looking at getting a 2080 Super MSI Ventus XS OC and putting a waterblock on it, but i cant seem to find any information on if it is a reference pcb design or not, and what waterblock to get for it.
I have been through the EKWB compatibility configurator and they dont have the card on it.
Anyone know if this is a reference design or not? - and if so, i should be able to just buy a 2080 reference design waterblock to put on it without issue? (as the 2080 super pcb design is the same as 2080)

Im pretty sure that card isn't a reference PCB. If you look at the card the PCB sticks up further than a reference PCB. Looking from the IO Plate to the SLI connector.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

Most the Ventus cards tend to be reference PCB my 2080ti Ventus OC is

2 minutes ago, Dean.P. said:

Most the Ventus cards tend to be reference PCB my 2080ti Ventus OC is

Hmm looking at the EK compatibility site it seems all the 2080ti's are reference design as you say

Also looking at the regular MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus 8G OC, it is also a reference design - that should mean that the 2080 super variant is a reference design right?

Odd thing is that on the EK site, the 2080 Ventus has plenty of compatibility, but there is a listing for a 2080 super Ventus that says no plans to make a compatible waterblock - however the naming format on that page is a bit different to the regular 2080 Ventus (and different from the card that i am looking at - 2080 Super MSI Ventus XS OC)

Anyone know if there have there been any cases of 2080 super cards not fitting their 2080 counterpart waterblock?

5 minutes ago, Pyrock said:

Hmm looking at the EK compatibility site it seems all the 2080ti's are reference design as you say

Also looking at the regular MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus 8G OC, it is also a reference design - that should mean that the 2080 super variant is a reference design right?

Odd thing is that on the EK site, the 2080 Ventus has plenty of compatibility, but there is a listing for a 2080 super Ventus that says no plans to make a compatible waterblock - however the naming format on that page is a bit different to the regular 2080 Ventus (and different from the card that i am looking at - 2080 Super MSI Ventus XS OC)

Anyone know if there have there been any cases of 2080 super cards not fitting their 2080 counterpart waterblock?

Maybe reach out to MSI and ask if the super editions of yours follows the standard 2080. I personally wouldn't take the risk of putting a water block on it without fully knowing. For my 2080ti bought a bunch of noctuas blowing under the GPU to direct cold air into it and some drawing hot exhaust air out. With an overclock my temps peak at 60C, maybe if I put LM on the die I could get a few more degrees cooler but essentially 60C peak temp is pretty impressive considering the stock cooler is so-so.

1 hour ago, ddennis002 said:

Im pretty sure that card isn't a reference PCB. If you look at the card the PCB sticks up further than a reference PCB. Looking from the IO Plate to the SLI connector.

Doing a little more research, i think youre right.
It seems that the 'XS' variant of these cards are a different PCB design. See here for XS and non-XS
The non-XS does look a lot more like a reference design - so i dont think the XS version is what i want to go for.

on the non-XS variant, i might try to contact MSI to confirm that it is actually a reference design.

Hi!

The XS variant definitely doesn't have a reference PCB design. It's quite unique PCB so there are very small odds that there is/will be a compatible full cover GPU water block that would fit the XS Ventus.

Non-XS variant has a compatible full cover GPU water block. The Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE Rev.B)

image.thumb.png.4566ba72153e987064f50d5c998a6a63.png

7 hours ago, GregX said:

Hi!

The XS variant definitely doesn't have a reference PCB design. It's quite unique PCB so there are very small odds that there is/will be a compatible full cover GPU water block that would fit the XS Ventus.

Non-XS variant has a compatible full cover GPU water block. The Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE Rev.B)

image.thumb.png.4566ba72153e987064f50d5c998a6a63.png

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll take a look at that waterblock

• 4 months later...

FYI the ventus RGX 2080 is NOT reference 

I bigot an Alphacool GPX 2080 super and it does not fit the PCB layout 

See photos 

The capacitors to the left of the "SFC"( not a techi) are too high for the waterblock to mount properly 

20200417_201834.jpg