Nintendo switch storage

Myname23

Hi!

I am getting a  Nintendo switch and I am wondering if I can buy multiple sd cards as storage? Also I've also heard that the red box switch has a better screen is it true? 

The main difference between the red box version and original is that the new one has nearly double the battery life. The screens are very similar. Same resolution, same panel technology.

And yes, I believe you can swap in and out SD cards as needed if you want to store different games on different cards. That said, you'll need to run a full shutdown before you remove it every time to avoid corrupting the card.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

And what type of sd card is good because at launch I heard that it could only support microsdxc but on it's website it says that support all type of microsd cards.

1 hour ago, Myname23 said:

And what type of sd card is good because at launch I heard that it could only support microsdxc but on it's website it says that support all type of microsd cards.

I think it should support all SD cards below XC because it's a backwards compatible standard. 

I'd suggest getting A2 spec'd cards because they're designed for random read performance which should help with load times a bit. I use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref=twister_B07V2PRSXC?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

3 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

I think it should support all SD cards below XC because it's a backwards compatible standard. 

I'd suggest getting A2 spec'd cards because they're designed for random read performance which should help with load times a bit. I use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref=twister_B07V2PRSXC?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Digital Foundry showed anything above UHS-1 doesn't offer speedup. At least for loads they tested in BOTW.

6 hours ago, Myname23 said:

Hi!

I am getting a  Nintendo switch and I am wondering if I can buy multiple sd cards as storage? Also I've also heard that the red box switch has a better screen is it true? 

Red box Switch consumes less power and I think has a larger battery. The battery life for playing the most intense games on the system (eg Zelda BOTW) goes from around 2.5 hours on the older Switches to around 4.5 hours on the red box Switches if I remember right. Considering there is no discount on the old models there is no reason to buy anything other than the red box Switch (unless you want to hack the system, then you have to buy one of the Switches made in the first year or so of production).

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Digital Foundry showed anything above UHS-1 doesn't offer speedup. At least for loads they tested in BOTW.

UHS-1/3 isn't the same as the A1/2 spec. The cards they tested are designed for sequential performance, the A1/2 cards are designed for random read/write performance.

It's not going to make a drastic difference, but from my own experience it does have an effect. It was most notable for me in rocket league. Loading item thumbnails and car parts is twice as fast and provides no stutter on on my A2 card like it did with my previous regular UHS-3 card.

And either way, it's not like they really cost more than the normal cards anyway.

Just picked up the black gray Swittch w Mario Kart 8 for $299 from Target. After downloading Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers the 32gb onboard storage is almost full.

So I picked up this bad boy:

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-400GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B074RNRM2B

Also get a screen protector!

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...