Alphacool Eisbaer 420 or Eisbaer Extreme

Which would be better for cooling an overclocked 9900k? 

Also, In term of filling the reservoir, do I fill it up to full in both the reservoir and the tubings? or just the reservoir itself?

Thanks, I'm new to the not-so-custom loop-slash-AIO. 

20 hours ago, Dusty_A said:

Which would be better for cooling an overclocked 9900k? 

Also, In term of filling the reservoir, do I fill it up to full in both the reservoir and the tubings? or just the reservoir itself?

Thanks, I'm new to the not-so-custom loop-slash-AIO. 

I have experience with the Extreme and I can say it's definitely better then the 420 which apparently has a piss poor pump (other internet reviews). All I can say is that for both you need a massive case like fractal design meshify S2 and bigger. You don't need to fill either and the quick disconnect tubes lose a small drop at most when opening. In terms of performance the extreme will do much better for you. Alphacool recently released a new block design so if you buy either get it from them personally as the Amazon links will not include the new block design (alphacool will only offer 20% discount from Amazon purchases). 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:39 AM, Dean.P. said:

I have experience with the Extreme and I can say it's definitely better then the 420 which apparently has a piss poor pump (other internet reviews). All I can say is that for both you need a massive case like fractal design meshify S2 and bigger. You don't need to fill either and the quick disconnect tubes lose a small drop at most when opening. In terms of performance the extreme will do much better for you. Alphacool recently released a new block design so if you buy either get it from them personally as the Amazon links will not include the new block design (alphacool will only offer 20% discount from Amazon purchases). 

I have a Corsair 780t, should be ok i think. It supports 280mm rad, but the extreme is a tad longer than normal 280mm rad so I'm only 70% sure.

6 hours ago, Dusty_A said:

I have a Corsair 780t, should be ok i think. It supports 280mm rad, but the extreme is a tad longer than normal 280mm rad so I'm only 70% sure.

Longer but also wider too, its a 280mm rad but also is enclosed in a plastic/ aluminium housing which adds quite a bit of extra width

Over the weekend I'm going to be mounting an Eisbaer Extreme Core externally on TOP of my case, sticking up there in the cool breeze, but with my own tubing/fittings and an EK-Velocity block.  ?  It's a nice looking unit, so I hope it performs well.  The Eiswand was just a tad too expensive. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Eisbaer Extreme finally arrived, and it doesn't fit in the 780t due to the ODD cage. Will be upgrading to a 1000D to circumvent the problem