Wifi isn't performing at all??

CoolGuyRobbie

So I have this amazing wifi, no complains when it comes to lagging in-game but when I have to download a game It feels like my wifi takes a nosedive and doesn't really speed up AT ALL. I have tried everything I could, getting Ethernet cable, changing DNS servers.

Usually when I download a file, it would download normally for a good 5 seconds before it decides it's time has come.

Below I have attached a speedtest and me downloading a file.

plz help

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, CoolGuyRobbie said:

plz help

It sounds like you have some sort of a QoS-system running, either on your router or your PC. Do the downloads work at expected speed if you download with your phone, for example?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

It sounds like you have some sort of a QoS-system running, either on your router or your PC. Do the downloads work at expected speed if you download with your phone, for example?

My wifi works smoothly on my phone, yes.

52 minutes ago, CoolGuyRobbie said:

My wifi works smoothly on my phone, yes.

Then the problem is most likely on your PC.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

11 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Then the problem is most likely on your PC.

Any solutions, any pointers?

2 minutes ago, CoolGuyRobbie said:

Any solutions, any pointers?

It's most likely some sort of software that tries to "optimize" your Internet-connection or something like that. I can't really say much more as I don't know what you've got installed.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

It's most likely some sort of software that tries to "optimize" your Internet-connection or something like that. I can't really say much more as I don't know what you've got installed.

I don't have any services that have anything to do with my wifi, I can send a picture of all the applications I have installed if that can help you further analyze the situation.

I know ASUS have software that can cause problems like this but I always forget what its called.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

20 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I know ASUS have software that can cause problems like this but I always forget what its called.

I don't have an ASUS motherboard if that's what you're getting at. I'm currently rolling with a GA-Z170M-D3H