Should i replace my fans

tjrose91

had these corsair fans since 2014 right now in my right i have two Air Flow Fans on the top of the case starting from the back and the front has one 120mm Static Fan on top of the hot-swap hard drive bay, but the fans seems like they are loosing life making a clacking sound and all the fans are top exaust fans as the Vega 64 AIO Fan is an intake on the rear, and the 280mm Rad is also intake using the natural convection of heat to leave the system with the top fans assiting in low RPM mode and the Power supply is also an intake fan as i opened the PSU to make it act as an intake fan in assits in cooling the vega 64 body as it gets hot or warm to the touch during gaming i dont remember lol and to also assit in cooling the NVME drive on a PCI-e 4x adapter to use the full pcie 3.0 speed as my x99-ud3 motherboard only has  a Gen2 x 2 lanes m.2 slot

YES i know the PSU will be adding more dust i have a filter on the back of the PSU and i dust regularly like once a week damn cats and hardwood floors maybe LinusCatTips can help with that lol

Case -

Be Quite 600 Base

If you hear a clicking noise, and you know nothing it in the way of the blades, it's likely the bearings are going bad. Usually when the air is cooler the fans will click louder, softer or not at all when it's warmer. They're probably fine honestly. I have a few intake fans that have been clicking for years. That said, if you hear a hard grinding noise, it's time to replace them. If you regularly clean/dust out your PC, your fans and everything else have a better chance at lasting longer. 

16 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

If you hear a clicking noise, and you know nothing it in the way of the blades, it's likely the bearings are going bad. Usually when the air is cooler the fans will click louder, softer or not at all when it's warmer. They're probably fine honestly. I have a few intake fans that have been clicking for years. That said, if you hear a hard grinding noise, it's time to replace them. If you regularly clean/dust out your PC, your fans and everything else have a better chance at lasting longer. 

yep i turn the fans on full blast for a few minutes in the morning or when i start the PC to warm them up i wonder if lube will help them 

13 minutes ago, tjrose91 said:

yep i turn the fans on full blast for a few minutes in the morning or when i start the PC to warm them up i wonder if lube will help them 

Which fans are clicking? If the fan uses magnetic float bearings don't oil them as the oil will slow the fan and is not needed as the magnetic field is the oil. Otherwise, a silicone based lube like PB Blaster should work fine. 

24 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Which fans are clicking? If the fan uses magnetic float bearings don't oil them as the oil will slow the fan and is not needed as the magnetic field is the oil. Otherwise, a silicone based lube like PB Blaster should work fine. 

Maglev fans are a pr-joke. Those fans use bearings, the magnets just keep them centered.